• ~ Sixty Six ~ •

Chapter 66: Jail Birds

Josh and I walked out of the studio to see cops.

"Joshua Reynolds and Alexia Kelce, you're under arrest for disorderly conduct."

"What!?" I said as Josh and I were both being arrested.

"Woah! They didn't do anything! I've been with both of them all day." Kit said immediately.

"Well we have video proof of both of them destroying a diner down the street."

"But we haven't gone to the diner-"

"Anything you say can and will be used against you in the court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford one, one will be appointed to you."

"Kit! Call my parents!" I said as they had taken Josh and I out to the cop car.

"This is stupid! We've been working all day!" Josh shouted.

Kit stood in the living room confused. He grabbed his phone and called my parents.

"Oh hey Kit. What's up?"

"Alexia and Josh just got arrested."

"What!? For what!?" My mother exclaimed.

"Disorderly Conduct, but they didn't do anything."

"Okay, I'm gonna get Travis and we are all going to that police station."

Josh and I sat in the cop car. I turned my head towards him.

"Do you think Riley would.."

"She definitely would. The last public place we've been was there. She's pissed at me and she thinks I'm still in love with you."

"That's so stupid. It's been like 4 years since we dated. Why would she think we still have feelings for each other?"

"Yeah, I don't know." Josh said slightly quiet. "I think we've been set up. I wanna see this video."

"Me too. My mom better call her lawyer, and she better bring Kit. He's our alibi."

Once we got to the police station, we noticed someone else. Milo was cuffed to a bench as well. All of us were arrested except for Kit.

"Okay, now this is weird. What were you two arrested for?"

"Disorderly conduct."

"Me too. How come the three of us got arrested but Kit didn't?"

I started thinking.

"Riley has a thing for Kit. She wouldn't try to get him arrested if she thinks she can get us out of the way."

"This is not the reason I wanted to be famous." Josh said with a sigh.

A cop walked over to us.

"Alright, Miss. Kelce, you're family and Fiancé are already here. Mr. Reynolds, do you have any family we can call?"

"No. Both of my parents are dead."

"I'm sorry."

"Whatever. I just wanna get out of here."

"Mr. Manheim, is there anyone we can call for you?"

"You can call my mom."

• ~ • ~ • ~ •

"Ugh. It's all over the internet." Kit said to my parents.

"This is not what I wanted to wake up to." My dad slide down in his chair.

"It's 3 in the afternoon."

"I still don't understand how this happened."

"Yesterday, Milo, Josh, Lex and I went to the diner to confront Josh's cheating girlfriend. Im thinking she made a fake video setting them up. I just don't understand why I wasn't arrested too."

Riley had walked into the police station. Kit had seen her and his blood started to boil. We were all in jail because of her.

"What the fuck, Riley."

"What? Oh Kit! Good to see you."

"Why did you do it? Why did you get them arrested."

"Because, Alexia and Josh are meant to be. You know it, you will always be second in Alexia's eyes. I set up Milo because it would be suspicious if I only set up Josh and Alexia."

"If I was second to Alexia, she wouldn't be engaged to me. I don't know what you're trying to pull-"

"Kit, Josh was Alexia's first everything. They will always have some type of bond. A bond you'll never have." Riley said putting her hand on Kit's arm.

Kit immediately pushed her away.

"Look. I have bigger things to worry about. Also, I have you confessing to setting them up."

Riley looked down to see Kit recording their conversation.

"You wouldn't dare."

"But I would. Officer."

Milo's mom had walked into the station and sat with my parents.

Kit had been playing the video for an officer when they let us out of the cell and over with our families.

My parents had hugged me tight. Once they were done lecturing me, I had wrapped my arms around Kit.

Kit seemed to be acting a bit weird.

"Hey are you okay?"

"Yeah. I'm okay." He said. "This is just a lot."

"You sure? You look like you're thinking about something."

"I'm okay, I promise."

I knew he was lying to me, but I didn't push it. It was weird. Kit had never lied to me before that I knew of. It stung it a way.

My parents took Josh back to his house. As Kit and I sat in our car, he was quiet.

"Okay, what's up? You've been super quiet ever since the police station."

He pulled over to the side of the road and turned to me.

"Do you still have feelings for Josh?"

"What? No. Why is this suddenly coming back again? Kit, I don't want Josh."

"I know. I'm sorry. Riley was fucking with my head. She just kept saying things like I'm always gonna be your second choice and stuff and it was messing with me."

"Kit.. you will never be my second choice. If I had to question that at all, I wouldn't be getting married to you."

Kit had chuckled a bit.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be. It's all good. I promise."

"You sure?"

I chuckled.

"You're fine. I promise." I kissed him then turned back. "Come on, start driving. We need to finish season 4 of Brooklyn 99."

Kit took my hand and rolled his eyes with a smile.

• ~ • ~ • ~ •