xvi - in which the weasley twins make some fun

Valerie shuffled out of her dorm, being careful to shut the door quietly behind her. She studied the red banners gracing the old walls, waiting for her vision to focus until she could make out the small gold lions on them. She sighed and pressed a hand to her head. She had gotten up too fast, and her headrush felt like someone was pushing a red-hot knife through her skull. Okay, maybe not so bad as that.

It was about an hour until breakfast, and Valerie wanted to savour the time she had. As far as she knew, nobody was up yet. She sighed and trekked over to the couch, staring at the ashes in the fireplace.

Footsteps tapped behind her, about two sets of them. Valerie groaned and blocked out the noise, shutting her eyes.

"He—llo, Beautiful," said a grinning Fred. George was standing at his side, hands on his hips.

Valerie scowled and turned away from them, sitting down on the couch. She swatted her hand dismissively towards them.

"You look absolutely heavenly in the morning," laughed George, stepping in front of Valerie. "Love your hair."

Valerie rolled her eyes and tried to stop herself from instinctively smoothing out her hair. "Go away," she croaked in her morning voice, before clearing her throat. "You're just here to annoy me, aren't you?"

"This is our common room, too, Faire," replied Fred, seating himself on the couch right next to her. George sat on her other side. She tried to sit up, but George held her down.

"You don't want to spend quality time with us? C'mon, you hang out with Ronald all the time," George complained.

Valerie didn't want to seem like a baby, but the urge was getting irresistible. She stuck her tongue out at him and wretched free from his grasp. She was about to leave, but then thought better of it and laid back on the couch.

"I'm ninety-nine percent sure that you guys are hideously in love, but also in denial of it," Fred teased, poking her arm. Valerie sighed loudly and smacked him on the shoulder. He just laughed.

"We're definitely not," an annoyed voice said from behind them, and Valerie exhaled in relief. "Just friends. I think Harry would —" Ron then shut up, clenching his fists. He walked over in front of the couch.

"You can say his name, mate. C'mon, he found a way to do what we couldn't!" Fred and George laughed, getting up from the couch. Ron scowled and crossed his arms.

The twins slapped him good-naturedly on the back and walked off to the Great Hall, chuckling as they went.

"Those two," Ron sighed.

"Still mad about Harry?" Valerie asked.

Ron was silent, but that was alright. She didn't expect an answer.