Kind of sus

Saiki P.O.V:

---------------------
Oppu

You
Oppu?

Oppu:
yea wsg?

You
Are you free today?

Oppu
um ig so i'm jus finishing
sm hw rn

you ok??

You
Yeah, I'm fine.

I wanted to ask you if you wanted to
join me. I'm going to the cafe in a
bit.

Oppu
oh lol

gimme like 20 n i can come out

You
Alright, see you.
Read 11:18

---------------------

I couldn't help cringing at myself a little, but her nonchalant reaction made this awkward situation easier to deal with. I typically have never felt awkward around anybody — unless they are Yumehara or Teruhashi — because I'm able to tell what they're thinking and adapt accordingly, but there are two things which bug me about Oppu. One, I can't tell what she's thinking, and two, I'm not sure if she's the type to start joking about this being a date.

I'm praying she isn't.

I place my phone down and sigh, mulling over the conversation I had practised in my head — asking Oppu about what she had meant when she said she would 'try' to learn how to use some of my powers. Obviously I know what she means generally, but I don't know how she plans to go about any of it, or if she requires any of my help with learning. I'm not even sure if it's possible, if I'm completely honest.

Following social conventions, asking her to meet with me over a meal or drink was the most logical way of approaching this situation. I can't exactly invite a girl I have known for a little over a month to my house to talk alone. I'm socially awkward; not socially dense.

As I think, I crick my neck and rest my elbows on my desk, my chin in my palms. Why do so many people keep showing up in my life and bothering me? How many side characters does this show even need? Well, granted, Oppu's appearance might be a blessing in disguise — but if this is the reality of it, the 'disguise' is very convincing. She's equally as irritating as my other nuisances, even if it is for a completely different reason; she finds me annoying. Me. I can't help but scoff at the thought- I'm the one who everybody else irritates! Is this how they all feel? Are they irritated at me for thinking of them as nuisances? Well, I already know the answer, they don't.

But that's because they're all stupid.

Oppu seems to be the only one who can actually grant me peace — if this 'learning new psychic abilities' thing is even possible — and yet she finds my presence to be a pain. And it irritates me, because I can understand why; I've invaded her personal (mental) space and I do keep bugging her, but at the same time she does seem to gradually be warming up to me.

From what I've been able to gauge, she's happy pretending to be normal and hiding her abilities, very similarly to me. On the other hand, she enjoys making friends and socialising, which is where we differ. I still wouldn't call her extroverted since she seems to sometimes genuinely enjoy being alone, and will quite often wish internally to leave social situations, but then again she seems like the type to make plans with friends and feed off of their happiness and presence. Her first impression of me was quite negative, and generally she finds me to be a bother and thinks I'm 'Grumpy'. However her personality does work in my favour; she's very forgiving and open to second chances so long as she hasn't been outright wronged; I can eventually become a close friend to her and... where am I going with this?

No, I just need her to open up the possibility of learning new psychic abilities. All I need is enough trust or mutual respect for her to remain willing to aide me in finally finding peace. And after that, we can drift apart for all I care.

So until then, I plan to remain friendly with her and go along with whatever she proposes, so long as I get what I want in the end. She's a means to an end; and I don't need 'friends' anyway.

My doorbell rings.