Chapter 2

"What madness is this?" It was the first thing Mireya heard as she walked out towards Klaus, Elijah, and Sophie.

"Klaus," Klaus looks over at her, his eyes softening as he recognized her. "Please, you need to listen to them."

He stared at her for a moment, then started to laugh. "You're all out of your minds if you think some liquor-fueled-one-night-stand, no offense sweetheart, means not a thing to me."

Mireya looks down, heart broken by his words.

"Marcel may be able to keep us from practicing real magic in this town, but as keepers of the balance we still know when nature has cooked up something new. For example, I have a special gift, of sensing when a girl is pregnant," Sophie stated looking at Mireya.

Klaus looked over at Mireya, shocked. "What?"

"I know, it's impossible. I didn't believe it myself. "

"What are you saying?" Klaus asked her.

"Niklaus... Mireya is carrying your child," Elijah told him.

Klaus stood there in shock and took in shaky breathes. "No. It's impossible. Vampires cannot procreate."

"But werewolves can," Sophie stated from behind Klaus. "Magic made you a vampire, but you were born a werewolf. Your the Original hybrid. The first of your kind, and this pregnancy is one of natures loopholes."

Klaus stood there for a moment, before looking towards Mireya with angry tears. "You've been with someone else. Admit it!"

"How could you say that?" Mireya starts, with hurt in her voice. "I've spent days in this...in this alligator bayou, scared out of my mind. They think that I'm carrying some magical miracle baby."

"My sister gave her life to perform the spell she needed to confirm this pregnancy. Because of Jane-Anne's sacrifice, the lives of this girl and her baby are now controlled by us," Sophie said. They all looked at her in shock. "If you don't help us take down, so help me, Mireya won't live long enough to see her first maternity dress."

"Wait," Mireya looked at Sophie with fright, her arms wrapping around her stomach protectively. "What?"

"Enough of this, if you want Marcel dead, he's dead. I'll do it myself," Elijah stated protectively, as he walked closer to Sophie.

"No. We can't. Not yet. We have a clear plan that we need to follow and there are rules," she demanded.

Klaus did not take a liking to that. "How dare you command me? Threaten me with what you wrongfully perceive to be my weakness?! I won't hear anymore lies!" Klaus yelled.

He was about to leave when Elijah stopped him. "Niklaus. Listen."

Klaus looked over at the girl, then looked at her stomach, which her arms were wrapped around them. He concentrated on the faint heartbeat that held within her womb, making his eyes widen with tears. He stood there, looking at the innocent girl, before looking at Elijah then Sophie. "Kill her and the baby. What do I care?" Then walked away.

Mireya let out a frightened sob, disbelieving the words that came out of his mouth. She looked at Elijah, hopefully.

As if reading her mind, Elijah walked over to her, cupping her face and wiping the tears off of her cheeks with his thumb. "I will get you out of here. You have my word." He looked back to Sophie. "No one touches Mireya. I will fix this. And in the mean time, please let her have her friend back." With a responsive nod from Sophie, he walked out to find his brother.

A few moments later, Hayley came running over to her friend. "Mireya!" Hayley hugs her. "You're ok."

Mireya didn't hug her back.