Chapter 3

Almost three months. Almost three months since Elijah left. Mireya sometimes felt a bit lonely in the big house.

She was ready to fall asleep, when she heard a car pull up. She gets out of bed, walks over and grabbed one of those fire poker thing, before walking out of the room. She reaches the stairs and descended them.

The door opens and a girl with long blonde hair walked into the house.

Mireya looked at her confused. "Who are you?"

"Ah, you must be the maid," the blonde said, as she put her keys down on the table near the front door. "My bags are in the car - get them, will you?"

Mireya shook her head. "Sorry. Not the maid."

"Right. You must be the human girl my brother, Klaus, knocked up," she said, nonchalantly. "I was expecting to see some kind of supernatural, miracle baby bump. Guess you're not showing yet. It Mireya, isn't it?"

"You have your brothers manner," Hayley says, as she came besides Mireya.

"And his temper, too, so watch it," she warns.

Mireya walks closer to Hayley. "Who's she?"

"Rebekah. Klaus and Elijah's younger sister."

"Oh."

Rebekah looks at the two girls. "Where's Elijah?"

Hayley shrugs. "Beats me. He's long gone."

"What do you mean, 'long gone?'" Rebekah asked, looking straight into Hayley's eyes.

"Well, one minute he was here making epic promises about protecting Mireya in this predicament that a bottle of scotch and some bad decisions got her into," Hayley looks at Mireya; who looked down ashamingly embarrassed. "And Klaus tells her, who then tells me, that he bailed. Guess that's what we get for trusting a vampire," Hayley states angrily.

Rebekah walks right up to Hayley. "Elijah is not just any vampire, he doesn't break promises. Which means Niklaus has done something dastardly and Klaus-like," Rebekah backs away from the girls and makes her way to the living room. "Klaus! Get out here and tell me what you've done with our brother, you narcissistic, back-stabbing wanker!"

Mireya looks at Hayley with a worried and questionly look, and Hayley replies with a shrug. They follow the angry Rebekah into the living room.

Klaus opens a pair of doors and enters the room. "Enough with all the shouting. Little sister, I should have known. I assume the six dead vampires were your doing?"

"They were very rude," Rebekah told her brother with a fake pout. "Trying to victimize a poor, innocent girl just trying to find her way to the Quarter. So sorry, were they friends of yours? Oh, that's right, you don't have any friends."

"I do have friends, I have Marcel," Klaus smirks

"I do have friends, I have Marcel," Klaus smirks. "You remember him, don't you? Yes, of course, you do. He fancies himself the 'King of the Quarter' now and he has these rules about killing vampires. It'll be fun to see what sort of punishment he comes up with, for you."