Chapter 21

Mireya had learned that not only is her brother coming to New Orleans but the devastating new of the death of Cami's uncle, Father Kieran; killed by a witch's hex. Although Mireya wasn't very fond of funerals, but she still goes to pay respect.

As Mireya and Hayley enter Rousseau's, just as Cami passes by them, and notices how upset sge is. As Mireya watches Cami with worry, while Hayley watches Francesca exit the back room and approach the bar.

Across the room, Klaus and Elijah sit down at a table with drinks in their hands.

"Seems rather uncivilized to laugh and dance around the body of a loved one," Klaus spoke with uninterest.

Elijah pours himself a drink. "Yes, far better to practice your process of grief, Niklaus-- denial, rage, and hoarding coffins in basements."

Mireya and Hayley join them at the table, Mireya sits down between the two brothers while Hayley sits on the other side of Elijah.

"I will warn you, ladies, Niklaus is in a spectacularly foul mood today," Elijah tells them.

"Sod off," Klaus replied to his brother with bitterness.

Hayley looks at Klaus. "What's the deal with these moonlight rings? Oliver's trying to set a revolution every five seconds. People are scared, angry, and frankly, I'm tired of stalling."

"It's a day of peace, Hayley. Try and enjoy it," Klaus looks at Hayley as he spoke. "And, in the meantime, with all manner of unknown enemies conspiring against our family, you'll move back in with us."

"Awesome! Then, we can do that thing where you lock me in the tower, I escape, there's drama, and then you two both realize I'm very capable of looking after myself," Hayley replied sarcastically with a smile.

Mireya bit her lip, trying to contain her laugh at Hayley's sarcastic remark.

Klaus turns his frustrated expression to Hayley. "The rings are in progress. I will live up to my word. We will find and punish whoever launched the attack on the Bayou, and you; for Mireya's sake, will return to the compound for your own safety!" Hayley sighs and rolls her eyes as Klaus continues. "But, right now--" He grabs his bottle of scotch, "-- I'm gonna finish this bottle --" He opens the bottle, "-- and the next, in the hopes of drowning the demon who has chosen today to haunt me." Klaus looks up at the ceiling before chugging right from the bottle. "Cheers, Mikael. Impeccable, Freudian timing."

Elijah looked at Klaus, stunned at the mention of the name. "Elaborate."

Hayley and Mireya look at Elijah and Klaus in concern.

"Have you dreamt of our father?" Elijah asked hisbrother

"Go ahead, have a good laugh."

"I can assure you there is no piece of this that I find even remotely amusing, Niklaus. Especially considering I've been dreaming of him, too," Elijah informs him.