SAMPLE [ 03 ] mind over body

chapter three sample. STORY IS UNDER REVISION FOR PAPERBACK STORY WRITTEN IN 2016 

Skylar

"Come on, let's dance," I boast loudly so he could hear me over the music. After he offered me the beer, I drink it in hopes that I will loosen up a bit more. But one beer led to two and two led to three.

I feel a bit more lighter on my feet even as the stale taste was embedded in my throat. I shake my hips a little to the music as I tug on his forearm. His eyes are focused on mine as he licks his lips and allows me to pull him into the crowd where people are dancing around.

Everything was a little blurry but I could feel his hard chest pushed against my back so I allow myself to sink into his warmth.

His large strong hands grip my waist tightly, holding me as I sway into him.

My eyes are closed as I question to myself if this is a dream or not. Here I was, Shy girl Skylar, dancing on this sexy guy that I didn't even know the name of. Yeah, I didn't know his name and that should make the situation worst but it just caused me to get even more excited.

His head lowers and rests along my shoulder as he tosses my ponytail aside. "I'm starting to think you're not much of a good girl after all," He whispers into my ear, his low tone relaxing my body even more into him. This guy could literally melt my soul.

I turn my head to the side and our faces are itches apart from one another. "Every good girl has her secrets," I mumble, my eyes scanning his face. I didn't know where that sentence had came from and I surely didn't know where this boost of confidence came from.

But it sure has made me feel like a different person tonight.

"How about you show me how bad you are?" A tempting smirk is placed on his lips as he turns me around in his arms. My body collides with his chest as he stares down at me with a mischievous glint glowing in his deep brown eyes.

I can feel the uneasiness creeping at the back of my mind but I don't want to show it. Somehow I am extremely attracted to him, but then again, I'm scared and a little nervous.

"Come on," He laces his fingers with mine and pulls me through the throng of sweaty bodies that are dancing around. I look around to see if Maddie or Lily was around but I don't see them. But what I do notice is that people are staring at me.

Well, not just me but the guy as well. Their eyes dart between the two of us and questionable glares are sent my way which causes me to turn away shyly. Why were they staring like that?

The guy doesn't seem to mind as he continues to push people out of his way and tug me along up a staircase. I take cautious steps, trying to not let my jelly like legs go weak on me.

"Who's that girl?" I hear someone say as I walk past. I can't help but look and mentally slap myself once I do because they are staring at me like I am a rare animal.

He doesn't seem to mind the attention we are getting as he continues to parade around until we get upstairs to a hallway. He opens a first door and once he does, I shriek at the sight I see. There is a blonde girl on the bed with a guy on her, thrusting his life into her. They both stare at us once the door opens and the guy curses loudly and chucks a pillow at the guy I am holding hands with.

"Tristen, get the fuck out!" He yells.

Tristen. His name is Tristen.

The guy doesn't seem to mind that we have just walked in on him having sex with that girl as he turns away from us and continues to thrust into his sex partner.