[ 28 ] lost myself

Last Chapter Recap:  Skylar gets a call from the hospital on behalf of Tristen's accident. Lily takes Skylar to the hospital. Skylar is met with a surprise. The lovely Tracy has been there to tend to Tristen, completely fed up with the receptionist's shit on not letting her see Tristen. After Skylar is seen, things take a turn for the left and Tracy lunges for Sky.

___________________________________________

Skylar

I remember it like it was yesterday. It was right after winter break and I was in the fifth grade. My dad had dropped me off at school because mom was too busy with my little twin brothers. Since they were born, she rarely paid any attention to me. Her only focus was on the boys. They were her heart and joy. But even as she gave them all her attention, I didn't mind. Less time with her caused more time with my dad. And he treated me like a princess when it was just him and I. I remember giving my father a kiss on the cheek and doing a really embarrassing hand shake that we always opted to do. I got out the car and bolted to the school entrance, never wanting to be late so I wouldn't miss a thing my teacher said. The day had been going great, my hair was frizzy but still pretty from when I brushed it in the morning. I wore my favorite pair of jeans along with the new shoes dad had got for me for Christmas. They were rounded ballerina flats with a black and white bow at the tip. I adored those shoes and couldn't wait to wear them once I got back to school.

The day went pretty okay, like usual. I sat in the front of the class like always and listened intently on what my teacher was saying. But even as the teacher spoke, I kept hearing this whispering and giggling from the back of the room. I'm sure my teacher heard it too but she didn't pay it any mind. She simply ignored it and continued on. But me being me, I had to take a short glance off my shoulder. I was expecting to see just a kid doing silly faces and making all the other kids laugh and joking around, but to my utter amazement, when I turned around, it seemed as if everyone's attention was on me. I froze immediately, I may sit in the front but I never spoke or answered questions like crazy. I mainly sat in the front because all of the quiet kids were up there while all the loud obnoxious kids laid low in the back. The kids in the back were the kids who got fifties and forties on their test assessments. Me on the the other hand, I was scoring a high ninety-six or higher on my test assessments.

So yeah, I was and still am pretty much a goody-goody. So when I turn around, all the kids are staring at me. I turn back quickly, knowing for a fact that if you stare too long that it could cause problems with some students. My peers seemed to amaze me again as I felt something hit my head. It was light but I still had the questionable thought that someone had hit me. And me being me, I turned my neck just a little to get a good look at the person. I didn't completely turn to them like I did the last time, just craned my neck enough to see them. There was three girls that were just basically staring at me with mischievous grins on their faces.

I recognized those girls to be three little parasites lingering around school and tormenting and harassing kids. It wasn't that I'd never seen them before in my classes, it was just the fact that I've never put myself out there for them to pay attention to me. I'm as invisible as a ghost.

So while the girls are staring at me, I simply turn around and am happy that my teacher is passing out worksheets for us to work on. I'm glad for the interruption and smoothly take my nice crisp sheet of paper.

Thinking that I was saved with classwork seemed to have flooded my mind and I didn't even realize that someone had pulled on my ponytail. I know we all can say that I have a big obsession with my ponytail but before there was completely no reason why I wore it, other than the fact that I thought it was super cute.