SAMPLE [ 05 ] taken

* skylar's outfit to the 2nd scene is above.

chapter five sample. STORY IS UNDER REVISION FOR PAPERBACK STORY WRITTEN IN 2016

Skylar

A cold sweat tinkles down my back as I adjust myself in the booth. After Maddie and Lily dropped that bomb on me, I became uncomfortable. They are rambling on and on about things they see on the menu but I just want to know what the rumors are.

"Guys," I announce, swiftly catching their attentions. "Can you tell me now?"

Maddie is the first to set down the menu and connect with my eyes. "Well, last night, everyone was basically watching you two. They said Tristen wouldn't leave your side and blah blah blah. Some people were saying that he just wants to screw you and that's it."

My chest tightens at the term. Sex. Remember, they are right. Sex is all he wants. But something deep inside was still holding on to the other side. The side where I want them to be wrong and I want to see him again, and let him touch me and give me attention.

"What about the other people?" I question, wiping my sweaty palms on my sweat pants.

Lily then speaks with a smile on her heart shaped face. "They are saying that he may like you and you can change him or whatnot."

Change him? What did that possibly mean? As I am ready to question the girls more, a deep chuckle breezes by. Maddie's face light's up at whoever approaches. The scent smells familiar and I know exactly who it is before he speaks.

"Nice seeing you all here," Kent's voice bellows out. I gaze up at him and he smiles at me, quickly, then turns to Maddie. "I had a nice night yesterday."

A goofy grin tilts on her lips as she leans over the table, with her arms perched flat, enhancing her exposed cleavage. "I did too. We should hang out again," She suggests.

And Kent doesn't even give her time to finish her sentence as he claps his hands together and a huge smirk is slapped on his face. "Speaking of hanging out, we're having a beach bonfire party at eight. Thought you guys might like to come?" His questions slips in so smoothly.

I appreciate that he's inviting us all, but I seriously only think he cares if Maddie is present.

"Well be there." Maddie answers for us. But seeing how things went down last night, I did not want to attend another party so soon when there would be alcohol and more smoking.

"Uh, I'll cut this one out. I have a paper to write and I--"

"Tristen will be there," Kent's voice cuts in, completely silencing me.

I stare wide eyed, knowing that in my head I want to see him, but why should I when he obviously has a girlfriend? He's off limits. He's taken. He has that other girl. He doesn't want me. He just wants sex from me. And I was not ready to give my virginity away like that.

As if seeing that I am thinking hard about my answer, Maddie shoos Kent off, repeating her answer as before. "Don't worry, we'll be there. I promise." She giggles softly and he nods at us before leaving the table.

Lily shakes her head my way. "We told you they think you can change him."

"It doesn't matter if I can or can't. He's off limits and I have a paper to finish. I can't go out tonight." I tell them, trying to get myself out of the situation. I mean, I want to go, but then again, I didn't. What if he brought his girlfriend and didn't even pay attention to me? How embarrassing would that be?

"Come on now, Sky," Maddie starts. "This is college. We're supposed to have fun, remember? The paper can wait. Let's just go out and have fun. We don't even have to stay too long. Whenever you want to leave, we'll go. I promise. Just please say yes to this."