[ 23 ] hypocrite

Skylar

It's wasn't the strong tattooed arms that gripped my waist what made me freeze. It wasn't the majestic smell of his skin that made my body stir. It wasn't the sound of his deep breathing that made me want to press my lips to his. No, those weren't the problem here. The problem at hand was the fact that his piercing brown eyes were melting my skin layer by layer. It was his eyes that made me forget about everyone else around us. It was those brown eyes that made me want to leave my friends and let him whisk me away.

Those were the same brown eyes I looked into in the car that night when he sufficiently broke my heart.

Those eyes belong to a man who possessed my body but wouldn't give me his in return.

It's embarrassing really. No, not just embarrassing but also degrading to me. To know that you can actually like someone as much as I do him, and he doesn't feel the same. He doesn't even care. And by the smell of him, I can tell that he'd probably been celebrating at parties with girls, or maybe one In particular, on his arm.

"So bro, you want the cigarette or not?" The sound of Wes' voice seems to be like a slap in my face. A good slap though. One of which meaning to get his rough hands from holding me at my elbows.

There's more voices as well, but it's like he doesn't even pay attention. He's just staring at me. I can see that around his eyes are red, just like at the bar when I'd helped him. The veins in his neck were bulging and I watched as his jaw clenched. But nothing, he didn't remove his gaze from mine and he sure enough didn't remove his hands from my body. It was as if he was in a different universe where I was the main attraction. But that wasn't good enough. Nothing was good enough for me right now. I wanted him, all of him, to myself. I didn't want to be a side that he could dabble in whenever he felt like it.

"Skylar, let's go," I hear Maddie's voice and for a second, I turn my gaze to my worries friends. Maddie is sending death glares at him while Lily is picking up my packs of pads and throwing them in a little basket. Maddie passes Lily her card and she scurried to check out the items.

Maddie grips my shoulder as she sneers at him. "Let her go or I'm calling the police,"

"Calling them for what?" Wes asked, now completely annoyed and itching at his neck. He still has a pack of cigarette in his hand and a scandalous magazine of a beautiful women in a bathing suit on the cover. I don't even want to think about what he's gonna do with that.

Maddie jabs a finger at Wes. "I'm gonna tell them that your friend over here is harassing and stalking my friend, make him let her go, or I'll add violence to the report," just as she says that, he lets my gaze go and turns to her.

With a clenched jaw, he mutters, "Fuck the police,"

The words alone sends a chill down my spine. His voice sounds raspier than I've ever heard it. I take a good look at him, and I can't help the mouth watering desire that spins through me. Even as he looks tired and worn out, it's attractive in a way. The building shadow that's around his face adds a gruff look to him. The veins on his neck are still throbbing and as I look into his eyes again, his grip on my waist tightens.

He doesn't seem to want to let go.

"Come on, Maddie, how about you get going and mind your own fucking business? You know he's not going to hurt her," Wes sneers, a slight smirk on his face.

But that's wrong. He has already hurt me. What was I doing? Standing here in his arms like an idiot while he gets to have me again. There's no again. Not this time. I'm done. Finished. Complete. The nothing that we had was long over before it became something.