Chapter 3

When Jordan and I walked into Wonderful Weddings with Wanda, I wasn't sure what to expect. The name itself was a mouthful--would the woman herself be as crazy?

I unconsciously stepped closer to Jordan, not feeling quite as confident as usual. Jordan suddenly took my hand, and I turned to ask him what was going on. Then I noticed Mrs. Hall and another lady walking towards us.

"Jordan! Katy!" Mrs. Hall exclaimed. "You two are just adorable together! Come meet Wanda Wilson."

The other lady was short, probably just over five feet, with bright red hair. I guessed her to be somewhere in her early thirties. She had a few freckles smattered across her nose, giving her a girl-next-door kind of appearance. If I had to use one word to describe the woman known as Wanda Wilson, I would probably use the term "cute."

"Hello!" Wanda Wilson said with a smile. "I'm Wanda. Jordan and Katy, right?" She shook Jordan's free hand, then mine.

"Hi," Jordan and I responded simultaneously. 

"Aww, your mom was right! Ya'll are just the cutest couple ever!" Wanda exclaimed.

Now that I thought about it, Jordan and I probably did make a somewhat cute couple. He was tall, muscular, blonde, and had sparkling emerald eyes. I was a contrast to him. I was probably about seven inches shorter than him, had long black hair, and I had pale blue eyes. I guess I was pretty, but Jordan was definitely the one with the best looks between the two of us.

"Thanks," Jordan said.

Mrs. Hall spoke up again. "So we've started getting stuff together for ya'll to look through! We just need ya'll to make the big decisions, and Wanda and I will take care of the little details." Wanda nodded in agreement.

"Let's go into my office and look at the books," Wanda said.

She led us down a hallway and into her office. On a table in the middle of the large room, there were stacks of books, notebooks, and binders. I could see different labels on them ranging from Theme, to Colors, to Flowers, to Catering, to Dresses--it was wedding planning gallore!

Wanda and Mrs. Hall seated themselves on one side of the table, so Jordan and I sat opposite them. "Let's start with colors," Wanda said. She handed Jordan and I one of her books.

Jordan took the left side of the book, and I took the right side and began flipping through the color pallets. One specific color caught my eye, and I stopped. It was a deep purple, so dark that it was almost black. "What do you think of that Jordan?!" I said, not really sure what colors Jordan would want for our wedding. 

"It's nice," he said.

"Nice?" I asked. I wanted to find one that both of us absolutely loved. After all, it was his wedding, too. "Let's keep looking then."

We flipped a few more times before Jordan and I both pointed at the emerald green card. "That one!" we said together.

"It'll match your eyes," I commented offhandedly. Jordan gave me a strange look before Wanda spoke and interrupted our "moment".

"How sweet!" Wanda murmered. "It's not everyday I see a couple pick their main color without a tremendous argument."

Jordan and I smiled at her. Obviously we were going to work together well enough to get by as a couple "head over heels" in love. At least, that's what I hoped!

 "So what's next?" I asked.

"Well, why don't you pick a bridesmaid's dress style? And how many will you be needing?" was Wanda's reply.

Bridesmaids! Holy crap. I totally forgot about that one MAJOR detial. Um...Jamie. One. Um. Alexis, I guess. Two. Who else? Teresa? I don't know. Sure. One more....Trish Muller. (Trish and I had been good friends in middle school, so she was a logical choice.)