Chapter 46: Regret of the Fallen

The Genesis group (A/N: I'm going to call them that for now while Aichi and Kai's group would be called Royal group) finally begins their search for the evil force, Yami. Meanwhile, Marron came back to report of everything that has transpired in the Genesis clan to Alfred and Ezel while Sacred Wingal runs off to who knows where. With both groups having their own way of saving Cray, no one knows what would happen next.

Ezel's POV

"I see. Thank you for your hard work." Light Source Seeker, Alfred said when Little Lib- I mean, Little Sage Marron finished his report. "You may leave now."

"Yes sir." Bowed Marron before leaving us alone to process this information.

"Honestly, can't the Guardian think of anything less risky than what he usually does?" I sighed.

"Well, we really can't blame him this time. Desperate times calls desperat measures after all." Alfred sadly said.

"Yup, desperate times means we had to ask our Vanguards' help, train them, let them deal with a problem that none of them should have been involved and possibly risk their lives in battle... what more could we ask for?" I said sarcastically.

"Hahaha... very funny Ezel. I'm starting to think that you were one of those who opposed to the plan when the Guardian had given it during the leaders' meeting."

"First of all, how did you know about that? Your not even a leader... unless..." I narrowed my eyes in realization before speaking once more. "Blaster Blade told you about it didn't he?"

"Who gave you the first clue?" Alfred sarcastically said. "Of course he'd tell me. Especially since it wasn't even a secret in the first place."

"I was in agreement to this plan at first." I said in my defense. "However, after that encounter with Yami, I just don't know if bringing the Vanguards here was such a good idea."

I recall everything that has happened before the plan. We were totally defenseless against Yami before... and with Minerva under his control, who knows if we could still be able to stand a chance.

Images of that night came back to me as well. Regret filled my very being as I my memories of both attacks came to mind. It was our duty to protect our Vanguards yet we couldn't even save ourselves.

In fact, we wouldn't have even made it back here alive the second time if Thing Saver Dragon and Blaster Blade had not come to our rescue that time. But even if we were in good shape that day, I still don't think we could beat that force.

"Are you alright Ezel?" A voice snapped me of my thoughts. I lift up my head, only to see a serious look on Alfred's face. "You've grown pale."

"Y-yeah." I hesitantly nodded. "I wad just thinking is all."

"I think you best rest for now." Urged the king of knights. "Blaming yourself won't really help with the situation after all."

"How did you..." I asked

"I know that look when I see it. Besides, you aren't the only one who can read expressions." Alfred replied before heading towards the door. "Now, if you need me, I'll be at the infirmary."

Then he left me there without another word.

"I'm guessing that it was a face their leader made besides his often stoic look." I said to no one in particular.

_________________

Meanwhile, Takuto's group finally set off in hopes to seek the enemies threatening their world. Days have past since their departure but they still could not find the evil force, nor his ally unit.