Chapter 48: Broken Vanguard

"Our plan to ambush Yami has backfired; and the force has the Genesis leader and her Vanguard under his strings.

Our group has barely escaped Minerva's attacks... but I fear that it won't be long before they find us.

We are in desperate need of your help. However, since we too, have no idea where we've hidden, your Vanguards will be able to track us down through PSY Qualia.

Move quickly for time is running out."

And then he was gone and the Vanguards returned.

"Are you alright, my Vanguards?" Blaster Blade asked.

"W-what just happened?" Was Aichi's response.

"We'll tell you everything later on, my Vanguard. Right now, our top priority is to find Platina Ezel so we can leave." Light Source Seeker, Alfred replied.

"What do you mean?" It was Kai's turn to ask.

"We will explain on the way, my Vanguard." Ended Dragonic Overlord.

--------------------------------------

Kai's POV

"So... let me get this straight. You intentionally allowed me to panic and run away before calming the king down, spoke to the Guardian who temporarily took control of our Vanguards, heard that the Genesis leader and her Vanguard are under Yami's control, were tasked to help the other Vanguards who are in desperate need of our help and came to find me here?" Blazing Lion, Platina Ezel said after we found and explained to him the current situation. The warrior's gaze were fixed on Blaster Blade the whole time. However, the latter wasn't shaken by Ezel's threatening glare at all.

"That about summarizes it." Dragonic Overlord said.

"And how are we supposed to find them?"

"Leave that to us." I said.

______________________

After we found Platina Ezel, all of us gathered to come up with a plan. Since the sun had set a few hours ago, Alfred and the other units agreed we rest for the night before leaving on our journey.

Unfortunately for me, my mind wandered around the many thoughts lingering inside me to relax and sleep.

"What in the world is this feeling? How is it that the mention of their unfortunate fate affected me more than it should be?" I asked myself out loud. "No, no... it could possibly be... that? Right?"

Right now, I was in the balcony of the room assigned to me. Normally, I would be roaming the gardens or other places within the clan but not today. Tonight is our last night here after all.

My thoughts continued to bother me for who knows how long. And in the end, I didn't sleep at all.

I hope this doesn't effect my actions later on...

Normal POV

"So, they've escaped huh?"

In a dark room, a deep and powerful voice spoke. Only he and two others were present in the room, without any unrelated person.

"Our apologies, master. They took us off guard." A slightly high voice replied. Both she and her companion were on their knees.

"I see..." the man thought out loud.

"We will accept any punishment you give for our incompetence." Said the third person in the room.

"Very well. For the time being, leave me to think in peace."