Chapter 5: Dud No More

"What the hell!"

"Well, someone go catch him!"

"What's he to Noble?"

Noble was like ice, frozen in his spot and pale as the moon above. He heard voices questioning the scene that had just happened in front of them, even going out of their way questioning the poor boy to death. He was flabbergasted, surprised, refusing to believe what his partner really was.  So, Noble did what he did best.

He ran.

He ran until his lungs heaved and burned like a fireplace. He ran until his feet refused to run another step again in front of him. He just ran as he did with all his problems. He didn't even know where he was running. Hell, did he care? No. He needed to be alone, away from reality for the moment. He needed to recollect his thoughts before he had a panic attack that was creeping up on him closely. 

"I am in some deep shit," Noble cursed to himself out loud. He fell to the ground littered with fresh snow face first, but Noble didn't care. He had to escape. Once his face began to burn off the numbness, Noble leaned up against a pine tree, still having the support of the snow around him. He just couldn't believe it. He COULDN'T believe what the handsome "thief" had shown him when he stole his lip's virginity. It was like a play in front of him, reenacting his lonely life and his lost sense of purpose over his isolation.

"Raja," Noble whispered. The name slipped out of his chapped mouth like it was made to say the lovely name. It was the perfect name for such a beast of the mountains. It was such a brilliant name for his destined spirit. If Noble could, he would engrave it into his skin if he were strong enough by the Wizards at the end of the mountain. He couldn't though. Noble was a coward to do such an act. God, he was already shaking off the bitter cold slapping him in the face. With added anxiety, he was scared of what will happen to him, to his snow lion. Noble felt hurt that his animal darted to the forests of the snowy caps instead of staying with him, with his beast tamer. 

Noble had already known that he was a weakling from the start. He had been rejected many times to only have Daley and Mylo as friends, not like he was complaining. Don't get him wrong, he loved his two dear best friends like he did his family, but meeting new people would brighten Noble's spirit more. He wanted to be a role model to Sam, so she could grow up strong, stronger than he was. Some would say he was strong. He survived the early bullying and hid in plain sight in high school.  No, he wasn't strong. He was hurt, and he was a coward, period, end of discussion. It hurt even more when his very own spirit had run away from Noble. His only chance of standing out, not becoming even weaker. 

Noble couldn't blame Raja for his escape. Hell, Noble could basically see why Noble was so unfit to tame a creature so strong. Noble was so unfit to wield such power at his disposal. The Snow Lion rejecting his beast tamer?  Noble wasn't surprised, and this point on, he would continue to assume that he was unfit. 

Then, there was the other side of the story. Raja whispering to him seductively, "It's going to be okay, little one." before darting away into the snowy abyss. Those words had a profound effect on the light brown-haired boy. Was it going to be okay, Raja? Noble asked himself. 

Yes, a small voice replied in Noble's head.   

Noble thought back before the incident happened. As a child, Noble was a very curious kid who took a shine to myths. He didn't know why, but it just intrigued him like a thorn in his side waiting to be pulled out. Out of all the myths, the Guardians of Luna had caught his eye the most. The Snow Lion was obviously the most recent and second most frightening of the guardians. The Ancient Angel Dragon was the first. The mythical beast only popped in existence when the mountain was in trouble or when invaders would be harming its inhabitants. The Snow Lion was a different story. From rumors, the legendary Snow Lion had more than one lion in its pride. There used to be a whole family of lions in that mysterious cave up top the mountain! There only was one left, one that survived the years of harsh winter and the dangers of poachers for his fur.