Questions

Spark's P.O.V

   I come to in a dark cell. As everything comes rushing back to me, I leap to my feet and look around, preparing to transform myself if I need to.  I feel a growl build itself in my throat as the cell is small and dark, clearly underground.  Whoever put me here is going to die.  After my initial scope of my surroundings, I end up spotting both Eren and Armin sitting on a separate cot in the same cell as me. Seeing the blond arouses both nervousness and contentment within me, since I'm happy to see him and yet confused to my current situation.  I eventually decide to calmly settle back onto my own cot, getting in a comfortable position.  Once I do so, I look at the two boys who stare straight back at me with awe and confusion. Eren is the first to break the silence.

"Who are you and how do you know me and Armin?" I silently roll my eyes. Typical.

"Well, let's just say we've met before."

"That may be the case," Eren says, annoyed, "but you specifically knew us, and I don't remember ever meeting someone with your... features." I'm assuming he means my eyes, then.  Giving an exasperated sigh, I think about if I should tell them the truth or not. Can I really... trust them? Yes, Armin knows how to summon me, so he must know more; but trust and preemptive information are two completely different things.  I decide to stay silent for the time being, and find the perfect opportunity to change the subject after looking at Eren.

"Still hasn't healed, huh?" The brunette looks confused for a second before glaring at me in anger.  I chortle at his reaction, and think about my response even before he's asked his next question.

"What did you do?! Usually something like this heals in no time, but my side hasn't even gotten any better!" Shrugging, I approach the boy until I'm kneeling in front of the cot. The feeling of dampness in the air is uncomfortable, as if the cement beneath me, but I bear with it.  Armin watches this whole interaction go down with interest, while Eren looks just about ready to flip if I do anything funny.

"Relax, Eren, it's just a little trick I picked up to injure Titan Shifters, as well as normal humans." Both their eyes widen as I finally let my true knowledge show. Taking advantage of their distracted states, I quickly lift the side of Eren's shirt, spotting a nasty bruise.  I raise a brow before saying,

"That looks like it hurts.  This might sting a bit." Then, I none-too-gently slap a hand on the brunette's skin, essentially smearing some of my energy on the wound.  The bruise begins to fade around the edges, very faintly, as Eren yelps in pain. He jumps up and shoots across the cell, glaring daggers at me.

"That really hurt!" I roll my eyes.  For a solider you think he wouldn't complain as much.  Armin snorts, as if hearing my thoughts.

"Thanks for pointing out the obvious, genius. Now, how are you feeling?" He pauses to look down at his torso, raising his hand to probe at his side through the shirt he wears.  The bruise is still visible when he gently lifts the garment, but it has noticeably shrunk, and the pain doesn't seem as troubling to him anymore.

"Well... I guess it's okay now...."

"How do you know how to injure a Titan Shifter? Scratch that– how do you know he even was a Titan Shifter?" Armin finally decides to cut into our conversation. I turn my head towards him, and although he can't see it, sadness filled my eyes. 'It's been such a long time since I've held conversation such as this with another human... Was I really this lonely all my life?' I decide to test the boy's deductive skills.  I have any inkling he may already know who I am.

"I think you already know the answer to those questions, young Armin."  His eyes widen when I confirm his guess, and he stares at me with new understanding.  I smile when he finally finds his voice.