It's Fragile!

"..... And this was what had happened. It wasn't at all the way Megha had interpreted it to be. Raj, he wasn't at fault. We both were and still are the best friends of hers. And about Raj I know, if he's still alive, he loves her the same way he used to do before five years." Amika finished.

I was shocked after hearing the truth. It wasn't even a bit of what I had expected. Amika wasn't a bad girl, Raj wasn't at all a cheater. I made the same mistake like Megha, she didn't listen to the truth and came to a conclusion.

"Why didn't you both tell her!?" I asked in a low voice.

"We tried, but.... You know. We couldn't because..... Because...  Because it was fragile!" Amika stammered between her tears.

"Fragile?" I asked in confusion. 

"Yes, it was a very fragile moment. I still remember, Raj was continuously trying to convince Megha, but she wouldn't listen to him. And as for me, she denied even to look at me." Amika said.

Why does this happen? I thought to myself and cursed that 'fragile' moment when Megha's eye's caught the terrible sight of misunderstanding.

"And now she's gone. Gone without even giving me a chance to make myself clear. She left with black feelings for me. And I couldn't... Couldn't... Do anything about it. It was me who is responsible for two lives destroyed, it's me. If it wasn't for me, I am sure that Megha and Raj would have been happily married till now!" she said.

"Calm down, take this." I offered her another glass of water, but she denied this time.

"Recently I've been able to contact Rohit, Megha's brother. It wasn't a real conversation though." She said and paused to sneeze.

"I was finding it really hard to continue my job in Delhi while my grandmother here is kinda sick. So I appiled for this job in Manali itself, hoping that I would be qualified as a receptionist at 'R & M Verma groups of Industries.'

Surprisingly, when I went inside to give my interview, I spotted a picture which was very familiar to me. It was the same picture, clicked on the day of Raksha Bandhan, that Megha always kept by her side. A little older version of the boy, who was supposed to be Megha's brother in the picture was standing in front of me with one of his arm stretched towards me for greetings. He introduced himself as Rohit Verma and that's when it clicked to me that he was indeed, Megha's brother.

He interviewed me well and I got the job but it's very hard to hide it from him. The way he looks at the picture and keeps it close to his chest almost all the time when he's alone, it guarantees that he loves Megha. How can I break a brother's heart by being a messenger who carries this news of his sister's death to him!?" Amika said.

"So do you mean to say that he really loves his sister.?" I asked as all of that was really hard to digest.

"Indeed!" she replied.

"How did she.... How did she die!?" I asked.

Amika moved uncomfortably in her seat and tried her best to seal her tears.

"It was somewhere between the rainy season I remember. I and Raj were trying our best to talk to Megha, not about our incident but to console her for her loss. But she just shut us out.

It was Sunday that day, I was resting on my bed when Raj almost broke my door. I knew he was Devastated since the day Megha refused to talk to him, but that was scary and different. He held his mobile up to me, it was a message from Megha, she was leaving for Bangalore and wasn't ever coming back.

But that wasn't the worst part, Raj was in total sweat when he informed me that a bus had dashed into a truck near the waterfall, which was the only way to reach the station. We both prayed that she never took that bus and just to check on her we went to the unfortunate sight." She said and trembled.