8

"Well we're here." Deondre announced, when he sat back in the driver's seat.

We were parked in the parking lot of the Casa De Londe hotel. It was real expensive, as I've been told by my mother. Every time she had a downtown meeting that would last a few days or one that wasn't directly located by her job, she'd stay here and wouldn't mind spending bank on it. I told my mom that she uses her money too frequently, always buying the most expensive items like she didn't know what less than $100 meant.

I looked back towards the hotel, admiring its stone fixtures and sleek marble that rounded the edges. I wish I had the chance to stay here. Whoever Deondre's friend had to have stacks if he was staying here. It costed at least $600 a night.

"So, what's your friend's name?" I asked, turning my attention back to Deondre. He was currently staring into space and I had apparently caught him off guard because he quickly retracted back to reality by wiping his face and shaking his head.

"James, but everyone calls him Jay."

"Why? You nervous? Need the main information in case were the type of guys to kidnap or rape you or something like that?" He asked before bursting into laughter.

I smiled wide, surprised at how bold he was to read my mind. Of course that's what I was thinking, but there was no way I'd ever bring that to his attention.

He opened his car door and stepped outside. I did the same and looked at him over the car's roof. Those sparkling white teeth of his that were oh so straight made my knees weak. His dark caramel skin only accented him perfectly, but that cockiness in his grin and chuckle immediately revealed to me of how often he's used to entertaining females.

I began to feel uneasy. As early as it was, I didn't want to be just another female. I didn't want to entertain someone who could most likely be entertaining someone else at the same time. There was a 50/50 chance of that happening. Either he was or he wasn't, but I chose to believe for a second that I was the only one he was dealing with right now, because if I were to let my crazy thoughts show, boy, he would regret even asking for my name back at Publix.

"Understand that I'm not afraid of you. Pull a stunt like that if you want to. Let's see who'll make it out first though."

"Yeah, we'll see."

I followed Deondre inside of the hotel and towards the elevator. Once we got on, he pressed floor 3, and we eventually made it up and to the front door of the hotel room. Room 314. Deondre knocked and stuck his hands into his pockets.

"Yo, who that?" I heard a strong Hispanic voice question.

"Dre." I felt my heart beat fast as I awaited for whatever may happen. I used to run track so I had no problem in running when needed.

"It's open, G." Deondre opened the door and I slowly tagged behind. The room was beautiful. There was an entire wall dedicated for the admiration of the beach, a walkin kitchen right next to the front door, and the living room was spacious.

"Sup man," They gave each other dap and James locked eyes on me.

"Dang Dre, you brought me her? I mean you is the best brother I got man." He said, licking his lips and rubbing his hands together.

Touch me, I wish you would.

James was just as tall as Deondre and only made me feel even shorter. His light skin complexion didn't quite match his, but their left arms were completely covered in tattoos. James had black curly hair that looked like had been wet at some point in time earlier in the day and deep blue eyes that stared me down the entire time.