22

I decided to sleep over at Dee's house tonight. His mother was away at work and I particularly didn't want her to know anything that was going on with me. There was no way I was going to be in the same building as my mother and her man. As for Caden and Lucas, their spending the night at Cay's girl's house. I had already told them everything, down to every single detail.

None of this made any sense to me. I could not wrap my head around their motives for this. It was more shocking to me that it was my mother behind all of this. I could have never been ready for something like this. I can only imagine what would have happened if I didn't hear them when we walked in. If I would have stayed out later with Dee like I wanted to, I don't think we would have made it.

My hair was pulled up into a messy bun as I sat in Dee's bed with the covers on my lap. So many thoughts ran through my mind, I didn't know what to think. My own mother switched out on me. It just didn't make any sense. The motive for killing us? If they want us to move out, they could have said so. Or maybe it's not about the house? Nothing was clicking. They'd been gone all day and when they finally are home, they're discussing our assassination plans.

Dee walked back down the hallway carrying a box of Cheese Nips and water in his hands. A slight headache attacked me and I leaned my head back against the headboard. He slid into bed, covering himself with his comforter. His movements were graceful like silk yet showing the masculinity within him. He sat the box of snacks down onto the bed and handed me a bottle of water.

I could tell by his facial expression, he was more worried than I was. I didn't know how that could have been possible, but I was sure he was.

"You know, this kind of stuff you can't think about. We know what's going on. You need to rest, you're safe here. There is nothing that I will let happen to you. I love you baby and they'll have to kill me first to get to you." I looked at him and leaned against him. Sighing, I just stayed quiet. There was nothing that I could say.. What could I say?
________________
Social Media:
Instagram: neiarenee
Twitter: taneiartxo