18

I set the final touch of the house down on the couch side table in the living room. A lamp. Today was moving day and we were finally finished at a quarter to the four. We started at 7 in the morning to avoid doing it all day. All morning worked better.

I sat on the couch and admired our work. The house was wonderful. Everyone had their own rooms, gorgeous stairs, a beautiful view out of every window of New Orleans, and a relaxing pool matched with a jet jacuzzi, spa room, fitness area, and man cave. Chad had really outdone himself. I still wanted to move in with Dee, although I didn't get a chance to tell my mom about my decision. I figured she has other things to worry about now.

"Nina," Dee began as he reached the top of the stairs and into my presence.

"How you like ya new crib? It's pretty dope." I looked at him and smirked.

"Yeah it is pretty cool, but I want to be with you. I don't care how new and beautiful this house may be."

He sat next to me and rubbed my thigh, smiling.

"You'll love it, I promise. Wouldn't put you anywhere where I'd know we'd have problems."

I leaned against him and locked my fingers with his.

"You think your mom would be okay with me living there?" He looked down at me.

"You want to live there or in our own place?" I sat up and smiled, gently placing my hands on each side of his face.

"Is that even a question?" I kissed him, giggling in the process.

"Then it's not her call. I'm grown and I'll get us our place right now."

"I still haven't told my mom." I said, trying to think if she'd say yes or not. Legally, I was still a minor. Owning my own place wouldn't work, but as long as Dee is here, I was okay. I kind of think she'd say no anyway, by then again, I don't think I'd really care. Everything is going so smoothly.

"Everything is going to work out, baby girl. Don't start stressing over this. We've come this far and if she says no, I will completely understand. I'll be here with you everyday, so it'll be like we're living together anyway." He kissed my forehead and sighed.

"You don't think it's too soon, either? I mean, we've only been in a five month relationship." I knew bringing this up could raise doubts in our dream, but it was the truth.

He shook his head and sighed.

"I was thinking about that when the idea came up.. It is early. Five months isn't a long time. Anything can happen. The relationship isn't completely solid yet, I get that. It's your call though, Nina," he leaned back into the sofa, keeping his eyes on me.

"Do you want to move in with me?"

I leaned against him, taking in his cologne. "Yes, I do. I just hope we'd be making the right decision." He wrapped his arm around me and pulled me close. "I'm sure we will."

"Let's get some sleep though, I'm tired." I stood up from the couch, my hand still grasping Dee's. I led him to my new bedroom where we collapsed on the bed and fell asleep.

_____________

I slowly eased from Dee's arms and checked the clock. 5:24 PM. I slipped out of bed and peaked out of my bedroom door. There was no noise; pure silence, which was something I haven't heard since the night Dee left after our argument. I looked back at him while he lied in bed with his arms propped behind his head. "Bae, I think we're alone." I whispered to him. He raised up off the bed and made his way over to me. "You sure?" he asked, sticking his head out the door. There was nothing. "I'll be back." Dee left my bedroom and began searching through the house.

I went into my closet and decided to throw on some gray sweat pants and a black tank top. I pulled my hair up into a messy bun and turned the television onto Spongebob. No matter how old I got, I could never get over this show. I literally loved it.

Dee returned and smirked. "Yeah, no one's here. Let's go eat." He began to leave the room once more before I stopped him. "Wait, no something's not right." He turned around and watched me. I placed my hand on my forehead and began to pace back and forth. "What do you mean, bae?" I shook my head and grabbed my phone from the bedside table.

"This isn't something my mom would do. She always let me know when she was leaving the house or something. She'd leave a note or a phone call." I checked my phone's notifications. Nothing.

"Nina, she probably just went up the street or something and was coming right back. It's probably nothing." I looked at Dee and back to my phone.

"It was only me and her for the longest. She became that way when my daddy died so I know it's something. She was scared for me to be without her."

Dee walked over to the bed and sat down. I began to dial my mom's number to check on her but Caden's name popped up instead.

"Hello." I answered, keeping my voice steady and calm.

"Yo Nina, what you think I should buy my girl? I'm taking her out tonight and want it to be special."

"Your girl? Since when?"

He must have finally settled down with the new girl he hooked up with when we landed. I knew it wouldn't take long. It was like that back in LA. All of the girls wanted them except me.

"Yeah, I was kinda feeling lil mama. But what do you think would be nice for the first date?" I instantly knew.

"Flowers, Cay. All girls think flowers are a sweet touch to any guy." I winked at Dee and he rolled his eyes, making me giggle.

"Flowers huh, you don't think that's too clichè?"

"Not at all. You guys just started your relationship. She doesn't need diamonds." I heard him suck his teeth.

"You right Nina, alright I'm straight." I continued to pace back and forth.

"Oh, have you heard from Ma? She's not here nor her man."

"Ummm, nah. They was gone when me and Luke woke up so I don't know. Probably still celebrating their engagement."

I nodded my head and looked over at Dee.

"You right. Alright, see you when you get back."

"Aight." I hung up and tossed my phone on the bed.

"Cay said they were already gone when him and Luke woke up. He thinks they might be out celebrating their engagement." Dee nodded his head and stood up.

"Yeah, makes sense."

"Should I call her?" I began to crawl into bed and grab my phone back but I was pulled back with a tight grip on my arm.

"She's a grown woman and you're the child Nina. Don't try to make any of this your responsibility. It's nothing."

"Fine."

I followed him out of my room and down the stairs to the kitchen. It would have been okay if we went out to eat but Dee's tired of that. Frankly, so am I.

______________
Social Media:
Instagram: neiarenee
Twitter: taneiartxo