11

"What would you like to eat ma'am?" the flight attendant asked me. She was a pretty blonde, with bright green eyes, and cherry cheeks. She seemed to love our presence because she made no hesitation to tend to us.

It was that time though. My family and I were all packed up and had caught our plane to New Orleans early this morning. It ended up being a big group of us.. Ma and her man, Luke, Cay, Deondre and I. I was still a little skeptical about Chad accompanying my mother. Just seemed a little off to me. I don't know what it was though. He's going to be working with her at the new firm. My mom is really excited though. They've been spending a lot of time together so I'm guessing they're getting closer. Lucas and Caden have been enjoying themselves too. It feels new to call them my brothers, but I love it. As for Deondre and I, we were doing great. That's my baby boy. We ended up being really close, as if we've known each other forever and I find that to be a sign of a soul mate.

Deondre and I sat with each other in first class. My family and Chad were scattered around the plane in here too. I sat by the window, occasionally looking over the clouds and laughing with my boy. We had at least three more hours to go on this flight and I didn't mind.

"I'll take the small steak well done with the mashed potatoes and water." the flight attendant smiled, wrote my order down on her notepad, and turned to look Deondre, looking him up and down. "And for you sir?" "Um, just get me the same thing my girl getting." He threw his arm around my shoulders and pulled me closer to him, kissing my cheek and eyeing the flight attendant. The lady scoffed. "Okay, your food will be with you shortly." With that, she shimmied down the aisle to the back of the plane.

"So you ready ma?" Dee began, while flashing his pearly whites at me. I sighed and looked him in his eyes.

"Yeah, I'm pretty nervous about it. We're starting over with a fresh start. I mean, it'll be fun, that's all I'm going to say. I have a feeling."

He pulled out his 6 plus and began playing Trivia Crack. We've been battling each other at that game for the longest. He was always better than me though. Let me tell you, when me and Deondre are playing against each other, we are two competitive individuals. Winning turns into a priority and the game is no longer a game.

I pulled out my phone and began to play along. When Dee saw me passing some levels, he shrugged his shoulders and chuckled.

"What's funny?" I asked in the midst of my giggling. I knew what had him laughing but to think about my actions made the predicament more humorous.

"Well, no matter what you do, you suck at this game." We burst out laughing and I nudged his side.

"Be quiet, I'm going to win anyways so you can quit all that talking."

I was lying, I knew it. But I wasn't going to give him that satisfaction.

"Yeah, whatever." We played for a good thirty minutes and then our food arrived, giving off a pleasurable aroma. Dee handed me his phone and I placed it in my purse along with mine.

"Here is your food ma'am." the flight attendant announced, slowly handing me my meal and drink. I sat it down on the plastic pull out table that was attached to the back of the chair in front of me and Deondre did the same on his. "Thank you." I told her. "Anytime." the lady left and Deondre grabbed my hand. "Bow your head." he ordered. If bae don't pray, bae ain't bae. I did as told and we said our grace. Finally, it was time to dig in.