Chapter Ten

When we arrived in the kitchen, I met some women pack members who welcomed me warmly. I don't remember all their names but I did meet the Beta's mate, Anne who is best friends with Hannah. She was very kind and I know we will be good friends.

Everyone else was outside in the back garden. The glass side door was open and I could see the Alpha on the stage with Beta Nick. Hannah quietly pulls me out the door.She turns to me.

"I need to be on stage with my mate. Alpha Ian will call on you and you will be introduced to the pack."

"Okay." I nod feeling my stomach churn.

"Don't worry they'll love you." she says encouragingly. She makes her way onto the stage and stands beside Alpha Ian.

I walk around the outside keeping to the back. Suddenly Star starts to get excited, jumping up and down, giving me a headache.

* "What is it Star?" 

* "It's our mate!" she exclaims. 

I take a deep breath.The intoxicating smell of pine, cinnamon and honeysuckle invaded my nostrils. 

* "What he's here?" I ask excitedly. 

* "Yes find mate. Now. Go!" she demands.

I roll my eyes. I look around the large crowd trying to spot my mate. He would have smelt me already. All I need to do is find the male looking in my direction. Shouldn't be too hard. I'm snapped out of my search when Alpha Ian calls my name gaining everyones attention including mine. I sigh. Now everyone is looking at me. 

How am I supposed to find my mate now?

I slowly make my way to the stage smiling as people clap and cheer. My heart swells. I finally feel accepted. The smell of my mate gets stronger as I approach the stage. My heart pounds in anticipation. I carefully walk up the steps looking down at my feet so I don't trip. 

That would be embarrassing.

I look up and my heart stops. My breath hitches. I stare into the shocked eyes of my mate. I get lost in his chocolate brown eyes.

The eyes that haunt my dreams.

I stand dumbfounded as is he. "Evie?" he chokes out, tears in his eyes. 

Only one person called me that.

It's him. I can't believe it's him. He's not dead. He's alive. And Oh my moon goddess he is my mate. I stare into his eyes and all I see is longing, happiness and love. A smile breaks out onto my face.

"Cam?" I whisper still in shock. He nods. I sprint to him and throw my arms around his neck. He spins me around holding me tight. I sob into his shoulder. He pulls back looking confused and worried.

"Why are you crying? Don't you want me as a mate?" he asks heartbroken.

"Of course I want you as a mate." I say quickly . He smiles and sighs relieved. 

"Then what is it?"

I look into his eyes. "I thought you were dead, Cam. I walked away and heard your wolf howl. You used your Alpha voice on me, which I still haven't forgiven you for, and forced me to leave. I had to watch my best friend get taken from me by rogues at the age of seven!" I shout on the verge of hysterics. 

Cam holds me as I cry.

"I'm so sorry Evie. I only used my Alpha voice so you wouldn't get hurt. I would never forgive myself if something happened to you and now I know why. You are my beautiful mate." he says cupping my cheek.

I blush. Someone clears their throat. We turn to see a very confused pack looking expectantly at us.

I guess there is some explaining to do. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Hey guys:D I'm back! 

Thank you for reading it means alot

How did you like that chap? Sky and Cam are mates! 

(fangirl moment!) 

Next chap will be up soon 

Please tell me what you think..:D 

Vote...Comment

Sinead xx