Chapter Nineteen

I stare intently at the little girl on my lap as she begins her story. I feel the eyes of everyone in the room on me and Lea as we sit in front of the large crowd. I stroke Leas arm comfortingly as she silently shakes with nerves and fear. She gazes up at me and I nod with a small smile to tell her to start.

"I went for a walk after asking mummy and daddy first." I speak aloud repeating Lea word for word.

"I was walking my usual route down the small path that passes the beautiful waterfall." She gushes. I repeat aloud while looking at Marc and Dakota who laugh silently as they listen to their daughter ramble on about the 'beautiful' waterfall.

Her face turns serious. "I was only there for a few minutes when my wolf became alert and told me to get back to the packhouse. That it wasn't safe." She fidgets a little with her hands. I hold her tighter pulling her closer to calm those nerves.

"I heard a twig snap behind me. My wolf took over to protect us but I was scared. Three scary men came out of the trees. They were looking at me and smiling. But it was creepy." she shudders violently. I stare at her for a minute before telling everyone in the room.

"My wolf told me to run so I did. But I fell when one of the men caught my leg. They held me on the ground while I kicked and screamed for help." Tears glisten her eyes. Marc shakes with anger while Dakota sobs when I repeat her words.

"One of the big men smelt weird.." She wrinkles her nose cutely. "One was a rogue. I smelt him but the other too..they were different." she frowns.

"Smelly guy #1 took out a small bottle full of some red stuff. He poured it into my mouth while the other held my mouth open." I gasp along with some other pack members.

"Poison?" someone from the crowd asks. Lea thinks for a second but shakes her head.

"No." I answer aloud for Lea.

"Do you know what they used?" I ask cautiously. She looks saddened and nods.

"Before I died, I could hear them talking. They were saying how it was 'perfect'. I think they meant the drink they gave me. They talked about how long it took to make it right and now they would be able to kill the mutts once and for all." she whispers.

"Did they give a name for what they used?" the Doc asks curiously. I nod in agreement. She sighs softly.

"Wolfsbane." she whimpers.

Growls erupt from around the room. I shake with anger. Wolfsbane? Those fricking a**holes gave her Wolfsbane?! Wolfsbane will kill a werewolf instantly in large doses but will make a wolf weak in small doses. When injected or consumed your wolf is cut off. You can't communicate with your wolf and you can't shift.

In Leas case from the sound of things, those men tampered with the Wolfsbane to make it stronger in only a few drops. To give that to a child is disgusting. Lea places her small hand on mine to try and calm me down but I can't. I want to kill those bastards for doing this to Lea.

Cameron puts a comforting hand on my shoulder and I relax at his touch. I look to my dads who sit in the front row.

"So there are three men. One is a rogue and the other two are...unknown?" I ask them. Andrew nods.

"Yes and we need to find out who those other men are. It is very important." he says seriously.

"Are these men the cause of the war? Will we be fighting them?" Xavier glances at the others before answering.

"We won't know for sure but for now, no one leaves the house on your own. Especially the young ones." he addresses the crowd.

Parents clutch their children closer murmuring responses. I sigh putting my head in my hands once Lea jumps off my lap. What do we do?