Chapter Twenty Two

I groan as I try to open my heavy lids. I wince at the pounding elephants having a party in my head. My eyes eventually flutter open. When my eyes adjust, I realise I am lying on the couch still in the sitting room.

"Cam?" I whisper.

His head pops around the corner, his eyes wide. He sighs in relief and smiles gently at me. He steps around the corner with a plate of sandwiches and a glass of water. He hands them to me and I take them gratefully.

"Your dads, Ellie, Blake, Nick, Anne and my mom and dad will be here in a few minutes to ask you a few questions."

I nod and then facepalm. I was so distracted by the goodness in my mouth that I forgot about my vision. I finish up my food and wait on the couch wrapped up in the arms of my mate.

"I know." Cam breaks the silence. I frown and turn to him questioningly.

"..about your friends death...Ellie told me why you were crying."

"He was more than just a friend." I correct.

Cameron tightens his hold on me and growls lowly.

"Mine." I peck his lips to reassure his wolf.

"Yours."

Once he has calmed down I continue "What I meant was that he was more like a brother to me. I never had any siblings so he was the closest I had along with Ellie of course."

A figure pops up in front of the couch and I scream in fright. Cameron stands up abruptly, acessing the room for danger.

"Lea?!What the fudge?Don't do that!" I shriek placing a hand on my heart. Cam visibly relaxes once he hears me talking to an empty room. It's weird how normal this is.

Lea smiles sheepishly "Sorry I just came to check on you." I smile at her taking my seat again.

"I'm -" I rack my brain trying to come up with a word that describes how I feel with everything that has happened and with our current situation. She nods. "I know." she smiles sadly.

I hear approaching footsteps and turn to see my dads entering the room. Once I see them I realise I haven't spent any time with them. I run over to them .

Jax laughs as I wrap my arms around his neck. "Woah babygirl, what's wrong?"

"I miss you guys." I mumble pathetically. I let go to give Xavier a hug.

"We miss you too sweetheart." he squeezes me gently. I turn to a waiting Nathaniel. He grins and opens up his arms. I step into them and the room blurs as he spins me around in circles. I giggle as I am dropped to my feet.

Next, is David who hugs me instantly and kisses me on the forehead. I sigh in content and close my eyes as I start to feel drousy. I hear a cough beside me. I open an eye to see Andrew.He pouts playfully.

"What about me?" I roll my eyes smiling. As David lets go ,a voice interrupts the happy moment.

"Can you hurry up?We've got things to discuss!" Alpha Ian says gruffly.

Star lets a growl slip threateningly as we make our way to Andrew. Andrew gives me a disapproving look and I smile innocently. As he pulls me in for a hug he discreetly whispers in my ear.

"If Star hadn't growled I sure would have." I shake my head smiling.

I hear a noise from the kitchen. I notice no one else react and when I look around the room I don't see Lea. I walk out of the room much to Alpha Ians annoyance and into the kitchen where I find Lea sitting at the counter with her thinking face on. I step forward.