Chapter Twenty Seven

Edited

Cameron's POV:

My life had changed.

Dramatically.

I had lost everything.

My family. Friends. Pack members. My mate.

My poor beautiful mate.

Why did she leave? The last time I saw her she was teleporting out of the sitting room for some unknown reason. Where did she go?

So many unanswered questions.

Words can't describe how I feel right now. I am consumed with anger and sadness. I have lost everything that meant the most to me and it was slowly eating away at me. I could feel myself slowly dying. My wolf couldn't talk to me because all he could do was writhe in pain and loss. I couldn't believe it. At first I wouldn't believe it. I refused to believe that I had watched my mate kill herself.

I thought she was happy?

Happy with me.

Did I not love her enough? Did she not feel like my whole world because that what she is..was. She was my beloved pocession. She was beautiful, caring, stubborn, confident and she was all mine. But I lost her. I lost the most important person to ever enter my life. And I had no idea why.

Why?

Why did she do it?

I couldn't answer that. And that made me even more angry. I had no idea why my mate drove a knife through her stomach. I wince at the thought.

I couldn't forget. How could I? It was so vivid and was replaying over and over again in my mind. I wish every second that it was just a dream and that I would just wake up from my nightmare. But..no. It was all too real. She was gone.

Dead.

And I couldn't bring her back.

I would never see her golden hair or her green eyes that looked like emeralds that twinkled when she laughed. I would never see her smile, the one she used to brighten a room. The one that made her look ten times more beautiful. I would never hear her laugh at my corny jokes. I would never be able to kiss her. Hold her. Marry her. Never see her carry our pups. The thought brings tears to my eyes.

I'll never have a future with her but I don't want a future if she's not in it.

****************

I stare at myself in the full body mirror hanging on my bedroom wall. The bedroom I used to share with my mate. I sigh frustrated and run my hand through my hair angrily. Everything reminds me of her.

Skylar. My Evie.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to forget her. I could never even if I tried. It just hurts. It hurts so much and I can't make the pain go away.

I tug on my tie trying to fix my appearance. I look awful. I had fixed my hair but I couldn't do anything about my pale complexion or the dark bags under my eyes. I haven't slept since the war so I look like hell. I sigh once again just as a knock on my door echoes through the room. The door opens and my Beta Blake walks in dressed in a suit like me.

"It's time, Alpha."

I take a deep breath trying to stop the tears from escaping. This is happening too fast. I only just saw her die and now I have to say goodbye? I didn't want to because then it would make everything more real. It would mean I truly lost her and I wasn't ready to accept that.

I look out the window to see a bright sunny day with the soft clouds slowly passing overhead. It would be a perfect day to spend the day outside with the pack soaking up the sun but instead we are attending a funeral. The day is the total opposite to how I feel.