15.

Chapter 15.

"We won the game, Yes, we won the game! The other team lost, and we're to blame! We played hard, and we played to win, And we can't wait to play your team again!" I yelled out in my backyard, practicing one of the cheers I was still struggling with. I needed to have this cheer down by tomorrow night, and I was getting nervous.

Satisfied that the cheer was at least a little better, I turned back around to face my house and began going through the school dance, this time counting in my head instead of out loud.

"Are you okay there?" an amused voice says from behind me. "You look like you have no idea what you're doing."

I jumped slightly and turned to see a teenage boy who looked to be about my age, although with his amazing bone structure, it was hard to tell.

I bit my lip as I took in his appearance. He had the perfect chiseled jawline that any girl would appreciate in a guy, and his chocolatey brown hair was gelled forward into a spiked quiff that worked for him. He was dressed in a slightly fitted red t-shirt that showed he was fit, and a pair of black athletic shorts. To top it all off, he had a cute, almost cocky vibe to him. Whatever it was, he had my full attention.

"Done yet?" he asked, his perfectly round lips curving upward into an amused smirk. "You seem to be enjoying your view."

I snorted back a laugh, showing off just how ladylike I was. "Oh please, what view?"

He was right--I had been checking him out. I just wasn't about to admit it. His ego was plenty big enough already.

"You know, shorty," he said, pausing as he looked down at me--he was a good six inches or so taller than me, "can I call you shorty? I asked you a question, and you never answered me."

I gulped. What was the question again? Shorty. The nickname was actually kinda cute, and I kinda liked it. "What's your name anyways?"

"Dylan," he answered quickly, as if he knew exactly what I was going to ask him. His confident, cocky personality was actually kind of cute and fitting for him.

"Well, Dylan, were you watching me? Because I'm pretty sure that could be classified as stalking. I don't even know you, you weirdo."

Dylan laughed and shook his head. "I wasn't watching until I heard this weird yelling all the way from my room. I had to come out and see what exactly it was you were doing."

"Your room?" I asked stupidly, and Dylan nodded to the house next door.

"We just moved in last week," he said.

Right. That made sense. I remembered watching them move in, I just hadn't realized they had a son. "You heard me?" I asked slowly, looking down at my charm bracelet. I could feel the heat rising in my cheeks. Talk about embarrassing.

"Don't worry shorty, I'm not judging you," he paused, moving his arms in a mocking way, "but what exactly was it you were practicing?"

I bit my lip and looked up at him. "Was it that bad?"

Dylan smirked, shrugging his shoulders. "That depends on what you were attempting to do."

"I was practicing the dance to my school's song."

"And before that?" he asked.

"I was practicing our victory cheer."

"You're a cheerleader, then, I assume," he said. Since he was able to piece that information together, I knew he must be a sports fan or an athlete, because he seemed to understand how cheerleading worked at football games.

I nodded. "Yeah. It's my first year though, so I'm still trying to keep the hang of it."

Dylan smirked. "Well, keep trying," he said, tapping the fence with his hand a couple of times before turning and heading back towards his house. "Right, well, I'll leave you to practice."

For some reason, I didn't want to let him leave on that note, thinking I was ridiculous or something. "So Dylan," I called, trying to keep him from leaving. "Do you play any sports?"

Dylan turned around to face me, raising an eyebrow at me. His lips curved into a self-satisfied, sexy half-smirk as he folded his arms across his chest. Somehow, he seemed to have known when he came over that I wouldn't want him to leave. He walked back towards me until he was right by the fence again. "Why would you like to know?"

I walked up to the fence so that I was standing right in front of him. "Well, you know that I do cheer, so I think I deserve to know at least one sport you play."

"At least one?" What makes you think I play any sports at all?" he questioned tauntingly, the half smirk on his lips forming into a full smirk.

My cheeks instantly became hot, and I could tell that they were really red. "Uh, well, ummm...you just look like the athletic type?"

"I see what this is about," he said, the smirk on his face becoming 10 times more sexy as he leaned over the fence slightly so he was looking directly into my eyes, his face only six inches or so from my own. "You like me."

Before I had a chance to respond or even think of something to respond with, he added, "Pick you up at 7:00." Turning to walk back towards his house, he added, "Oh, and Lilly? We played hard, we played to win, and we can't wait to beat your team again."

What the actual fudge just happened?

This was honestly probably my favorite chapter to write. It's just a very fun chapter.

Vote

Comment

Fan