25.

Chapter 25.

"Luke, we need to talk to you," Kelsey said, marching straight up to Luke during study hall the next day. Kels looked around at all his friends, who seemed confused about why two sophomores wanted to talk to him. "Well, I need to talk to you. Family business."

Luke looked at me for an explanation. "Family business?"

I just shrugged. Kelsey dragged me over here against my will. She grabbed my wrist and pulled not giving an explanation. I had just gone along with it, because it was so nice to be talking to Kelsey again.

Kelsey nodded. "Yes. Family business. Family as in you know who."

"You know who?" I asked. Who were they talking about? And if it was really family stuff, then why did Kelsey drag me over here with her?

Luke rolled his eyes at her and began walking towards the library doors. "Ms. Ketler we will be back soon," he said, gesturing for us to follow behind him.

Kelsey smirked at me before pulling me along behind.

I had no idea what was going on. Why were they going to talk about family business right this second, and why was I a part of it?

"What's going on?" I asked quietly, so quietly I wasn't even sure they heard me say it.

After everything that had happened with Luke, I felt a little weird talking to him. Especially with Kelsey there. I couldn't tell if he saw the kiss between Dylan and me. If he did see it, then I didn't know if he even cared or if I was just making things up in my head.

To my surprise, Luke looked at me, his gorgeous smile sending shivers down my spine. "There is no real family business. Kelsey just thinks--"

"She doesn't just think, she knows," Kelsey says, cutting him off. She turned towards me, letting go of my wrist. "I'm going to leave you two here. I think you have some talking to do."

Luke chuckled, rolling his eyes at her before giving me a quick 'I'm sorry' look.

I laughed lightly, biting my lower lip to keep from getting all awkward around Luke. It looked like Kelsey wasn't quite done trying to play matchmaker yet.

"I'm sorry about her," Luke apologized, rubbing the back of his neck. He paused, his eyes meeting mine for a second. "She's a little dramatic sometimes."

"You don't have to apologize," I laughed. "I know exactly what she's like. She's my best friend, after all."

He laughed. "That's your mistake. She's my cousin. You had your chance to not put up with her. I'm stuck with her because she's a relative."

"So...what does she think we need to talk about?" I asked, hoping it wasn't about Dylan. Please, please, don't let it be about Dylan.

Sighing, Luke shoved his hands into his pockets. "Come on." He turned and continued walking down the hallway, expecting me to follow behind.

I wasn't sure what was going on, but I followed anyways.

Luke stopped in front of a door that I'd passed a few times heading to class, but had never actually been inside. It was marked for students, but I'd never seen anyone go in there.

I followed him into the room, surprised at how nice it was. It was about the size of a classroom, except it was filled with couches, a couple bean bags, a TV and a couple other things. It was like a teacher's lounge, except for students.

"This is for upperclassmen?"

"Well, yes and no. Anyone is allowed in here, it's just most underclassmen don't exactly know they're allowed inside," Luke replied, sitting down on one of the couches. He patted a spot next to him for me to sit down. "No one really uses it a whole lot because everyone has actual classes, but every once in a while I'll come here for study halls instead of the library."

Wow. If I'd have known about this room, I would have come here every day for study hall instead of the library. "I see... So why would you come here now?"

I walked over to the couch he had sat down on, taking a seat next to him.

Luke smiled, looking around the room. "Well, Kelsey was right. We did need to talk. And this room, it's quiet since no one uses it a lot."

"Talk about what?" I muttered, looking down at my charm bracelet.

"About what happened at that game. Your dad yelling at me, you kissing the enemy? You pick," Luke said, a smirk on his face.

He definitely saw me and Dylan, and he knew that he was getting me all nervous bringing that up.

"Can we just call that a lapse of judgement and not talk about that?"

Luke nodded. "Sure, we don't have to talk about your dad," he grinned. I glared at him. He knew that wasn't what I'd meant.

"You saw me and Dylan kiss?" I mumbled, my face turning all different shades of red. This was embarrassing enough to talk about with anyone, but with the guy that I'd had a crush on all year? It was mortifying.

"Yeah," he admitted, looking away from me to the black TV on the wall. "I'm pretty sure everyone saw that."

I bit my lip. Including my dad? Why hadn't he ever said anything about it? Why did he approve of Dylan so much? "That was a mistake. I'm really so--"

"Your sorry for what?" Luke interrupted. He turned back to face me, a hint of amusement flashing in his eyes. "Sorry for kissing a guy?"

"Well, I feel like an idiot for kissing him when I think I might like somebody else," I admitted. My eyes remained focused on his, even though I wanted so badly to look away and break the contact.

"So who's the better kisser?"

"What?" I asked, my cheeks turning bright red. What was he talking about? Was Dylan a better kisser than who?

A small laugh escaped his lips. "Tell me, is Mr. Pretty Boy a better kisser?"

My face was burning with embarrassment. I was so confused, and if it were anyone else, I would have been upset with them for even bringing it up. But this was Luke, and for whatever reason, I could never stay mad at him.

"I'm confused."

"Need some help?"

I raised my eyebrows at him. "Help with what exactly?"

Luke smiled at me, his eyes looking down to my lips. Reaching his hand up to my cheek, he leaned towards me so that his face was only a few inches from my own.

My stomach flipped. Was this actually happening, or was I just imagining this?

Without saying anything, Luke leaned in the rest of the way, pressing his lips firmly up against mine.

I kissed back, our lips moving together perfectly. I could feel him smile into the kiss as he wrapped his arms around me to pull me closer to him. My heart skipped a beat as I removed my lips from his to catch my breath.
Wow.

"Do you have an answer now?"

For a second, I still didn't understand what we was talking about--or maybe I was just in shock from what had just happened. Finally, I worked up the nerve to smile back at him.

"Oh, definitely him."

—-
Somebody tell me what the heck actually just happened? What? lol I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! It's getting down to the final chapters of the book! I'm going to estimate maybe 10-15 more chapters? What do you guys think will happen over the course of the next chapters??

COMMENT

VOTE

FAN

Bye y'all!!! I love you!!!