33.

Chapter 33.

    I bit down on my lower lip nervously as I turned towards my dad, ready to face his wrath.

    My muscles relaxed slightly when I didn't see Dad standing in the living room where I had assumed he was. He must have still been by the door which meant there was a chance he hadn't just seen Luke and I kissing.

    I pushed Luke away from me and over towards the direction of our friends as I forced an innocent smile onto my face. "What do you mean, daddy?"

    A few seconds later Dad appeared in the living room, a mixture of anger and confusion on his face. "Why do you have friends over without permission?"

    I turned on my heel, glancing over in the direction of where my mom had previously been standing. It appeared I wasn't the only one who had a sudden impulse to run and hide at the sound of my dad's voice.

    "I promise you that this isn't what it looks like," I said after a long breath. How was I supposed to go about explaining that Mom planned a surprise party for me?

    Dad crossed his arms over his chest, waiting for me to further explain.

    "Mom threw me a surprise party."

    "Your mom is back again?"

    "Yes Blake, I am," Mom stated confidently as she exited the kitchen. Placing her hands on her hips she raised her eyebrows, challenging him to say something.

    "His name is Blake?" Tae muttered to know one in particular, completely oblivious to the fact that now was not the time.

    I shot her a warning glare before turning my attention back onto my parents. I was curious as to how my dad was going to react.

    "What are you doing here?" Dad asked dully, not even attempting to mask the annoyance he felt.

    Mom rolled her eyes. "Like Lilly already said, I threw her a surprise party for her birthday."

    Dad exhaled loudly, unfolding his arms as he looked around the room at my friends, raising an eyebrow especially at his two players. Thankfully he didn't say anything.

    "Can I speak to you privately?" Dad asked Mom, turning to me his face softened, "you can go have fun with your friends."

    I smiled. It was a nice feeling to know that Dad was okay with me hanging out with my friends even though it wasn't approved by him first. "Thanks Dad."

    Mom nodded and pushed the door to the kitchen open, waiting for him to follow behind her. Judging by the look of annoyance on both of their faces I had a feeling that the conversation wasn't going to be sweet.

    I bit my lip, unsure of what to do next. I was fairly certain that Dad hadn't seen me and Luke, but I didn't have faith in my friends that they wouldn't bring it up so I walked over to the patio door leading to my backyard.

    "Let's go outside," I suggested. My dad wouldn't be able to hear our conversations if we went outside.

    Once everyone was outside and we were seated, I took a deep breath and asked, "So, did my dad see that?"

    Tae chuckled, shaking her head. "See what, you and Luke kissing? Nah, he didn't."

    I looked around at everyone else to confirm whether or not Tae was right about my Dad not seeing this kiss. The all nodded their heads to confirm her statement.

    "Relax, no harm no foul. Your Dad still has no idea about whatever this is exactly," Luke said reassuringly, placing his hand on mine.

    "What do you mean this?" Kelsey asked, raising her eyebrows at Luke and I. "Have you two been sneaking around?"

    I shook my head with a laugh. "No Kels, we aren't secretly dating."

    Zach narrowed his eyes, looking between Luke and I for a moment before saying, "I don't buy it. You two may not have labeled it, but it's clear to anyone with two eyes that you aren't just friends."

    I bit my lip, my eyes falling onto Luke's hand that was still on my own. Zach had a valid point that we weren't acting like two people that were just friends. But if it was so obvious to everyone, then why hadn't my dad said anything or done anything?

--

Hello everyone, thanks for reading! This chapter was super short as it was mostly a filler. I'll be posting the next few chapters until the end of the book hopefully 1-2 a week. (hopefully anyways).

So this was the last chapter in the original story, so you guys will be getting a few more chapters than before! ;) I'm going to estimate that it will be 5 or so more chapters until the end of the book, so stay tuned! I have a feeling the new chapters that I add won't get nearly as many people reading as the rest of the book LOL.

Thank you to everyone who is reading/ re-reading this book! I appreciate all of you guys so much!