Truth or Dare (boyxboy)||Chapter 4: Breaking through

Picture of Colton

Name: Colton Frey Preed. So his name is Colton, that information might come in handy later.

Age: 15 years old. Oh, interesting. So he's younger than me? Wait, why is he a junior then?

Skipped a grade due to high IQ.

Ohhhh, so he's a smartass huh? "That's lucky for me." I mumbled to myself as I kept looking over the paper with Colton's information on it. I hacked into the office computer and got it last night. Cool, huh? Or maybe stupid, oh well.

So far, he seemed pretty normal, that was, until I came to his family information and contact information.

Emergency contact: Asher Preed;adopted father.
Guardian age: Unknown.
Guardian information: Unknown.
Emergency number: Unknown.

That confused me. Wouldn't his adopted father want to have his emergency number in the school files? What if Colton got sick or hurt? It was a little suspicious, but I didn't think much of it as I stuffed the paper into my backpack and grabbed my geometry textbook.

I started walking to class when something caught my eye. It was Colton. Determined to talk to the boy, I hurried toward him and gently tapped him on the shoulder, not expecting the reaction that I got.

He practically jumped out of his skin and immediately began shaking. At first, I thought I scared him, so I let out a small apologetic noise and began my sorry,

"Hey man, sorry about that, I didn't mean to scare y-"

I was interrupted by a small hand grabbing my wrist, gripping it as tight as possible and digging his fingernails into my skin. I squeaked in shock and pain at the same time, naturally trying to get away from the death grip.

"Don't you fucking dare lay your filthy hands on me ever again unless you want to lose an eye."

My entire body tensed up at the sound of the voice. It was deep, quiet and unsteady as if he hadn't spoken in years. His grip on my wrist wasn't unbearably tight. He was quite weak for someone with such big talk. I could have beat him up easily, in fact, I had many times before.

But I remembered what my mom told me, "Please do the right thing, Tristan."

I bit the inside of my cheek and tried to pry his hand off of my wrist,

"Yeah yeah okay well I can't not touch you unless you let go of my wrist." I pointed out. He growled at me and released my wrist, leaving my un-injured hand to cradle it and rub it gently.

"Well anyway, I came to talk to you about the project thing. It's due in a month and there's tons of stuff to do. Wanna come over this weekend and start it?"

He slammed his locker closed loudly, turning his back to me and walking down the hall, "No. Leave me alone, I'm not interested." He mumbled.

"Hey wait-!" I was cut off yet again by the screeching of the school bell. I groaned and started walking toward my class, the separate way that Colton had gone.

I didn't see Colton for the rest of the day. I huffed in extreme frustration as I stuffed my books into my backpack and slammed my locker door shut.

"Woah, what's with mr. grumpy today hm?" I heard a sickeningly sweet voice echo in my ear as a pair of fake tanned arms snake around my neck from the back. It was Tara. Tara Ponnie.

I held back the urge to puke as I put on a fake smile looked over my shoulder where my blonde Barbie-Doll girlfriend had her head.