Chapter 21 - The Wedding

"A Wedding, the ceremony of two becoming one. A unify contract between two meant to be together. Sometimes, for reason out of our control."

}:{

The Walk.
It was long from Leno's home to Edwin's cottage. But Edwin was getting the worst out of it as he had to carry Megara the whole way there. Erudessa knew it would be weird living with him, but they'd spent several days on the road together so it wouldn't be so bad. At least she had a general idea of what it would be like. She had worries and doubts though. The last time she lived with the person she was falling in love with, things ended badly. Of course, circumstances were different, but she always had worries and doubts.

It was even weirder because of Megara. She came out of nowhere, but was now a part of both their lives because Erudessa felt responsible for her. She couldn't help it though. Something inside her told her that she had to help Megara no matter what. Megara would end up being important. Erudessa could feel it like a force inside her was screaming it out.

They reached the cottage around midnight as the sun had set before they even got to the city. Erudessa knew she would have to get her stuff from Grimm the next day, but she didn't have the strength to face him. He would yell at her for what she had gotten herself into, and she wasn't ready to hear it because even though he thought he was right, he wasn't. She had a right to live her life the way she wanted to. He couldn't control it.

The cottage was tucked away in the forest behind the castle on top of a hill. Of course, there wasn't much to see past the castle. The rest of the city was blocked by it. But, behind the cottage was what Erudessa called the Beyond. It was what kept them from the rest of the world, the Devastation. A vast lake. A great lake. It's crystal blue surface shimmered in the moonlight, revealing the night's source of light back at them.

The inside of the cottage wasn't as impressive as the Beyond, but it was more impressive than any other home Erudessa had lived in. It wasn't impressive because if any fancy architecture, but because it was so homey. Straight through the front door is the living room. A large window lets in natural light in from the right side of the room. At the far end, next to a door leading to the kitchen and dining area in a large fireplace. In front of the fireplace are two couches and a large chair centered around a table with an empty vase on it. To the left was a staircase that led upstairs.

"The Scholars let you have this?" Erudessa asked, turning to Edwin who was making his way upstairs.

He nodded, adjusting Aurelia in his arms. "It's nothing big, but I guess it's home."

"It's perfect."

She followed him up the stairs. The upstairs hallway was less impressive. Just an average hallway. There were three doors, each leading to a bedroom. All looked the same. A full size bed, a wardrobe, and a mirror. Edwin placed Megara down in the bed in the middle room. Then, he and Erudessa wen downstairs. Erudessa sat down on one of the couches as Edwin lit the fire. Once he was finished, he sat beside her.

"So, what happens now?" Erudessa asked, bringing her legs up onto the couch and tucking them beneath her.

"Now... we try and live normal lives," Edwin shrugged. "I'm not used to having absolutely no responsibilities."

She sighed. "I still have responsibilities. Lots of responsibilities."

He put an arm around her, hesitantly. "Those dangerous responsibilities you can't tell me about?"