Chapter no.21

Hi my lovelies!
Sorry for the delay in update. I know it's been quite awhile. I actually had a fever so.....you know.:)

Anyway please I request that you also take a look at my other books.
Here is your new chapter.
Enjoy.:)

.........

Corinne sighed looking at her reflection in the mirror of her room. She looked like she was dead. Bags under her eyes, hair in a messy ponytail and her usually glowing skin was a ghostly pale colour. She didn't look like herself anymore.

She was moving in with Cameron. Just like he wanted. Why was she listening to him again? She didn't know. She didn't want to leave her place just because of some eccentric murderer wanted to kill her.

Things that were happening were making her weak and she didn't want that. And she was out of character these days. She simply had no control over her mind or her body. Was she going insane?

She grabbed her handbag slinging it across her shoulder and making her way out of the room. Her luggage had already been taken and Cameron stood waiting outside.
"You ready?" He said as she walked out and she nodded.
"You don't look so well amore......"he said grabbing her face in his hands stroking her cheeks.

"I'm fine Cameron lets go." She mumbled. They got into the car and rode to his penthouse.

In the next half an hour, she sat on the couch in his living room staring blankly into space.
"Take some rest sweetheart. You need to sleep." Cameron said and she stood up. She slowly ascended the stairs that led to his room. She didn't know where she was going. Cameron followed her frowning slightly.

She entered the room and dropped onto the king-sized bed not bothering to change out of the tight tank top and denim shorts she wore and instantly fell asleep. More like fainted as she was too exhausted.

Too exhausted to even care that she was in Cameron's room, in Cameron's bed.

*********

He tossed the wooden table aside with massive force and the piece of furniture tumbled down onto the floor with a loud crash along with the contents placed on it.

"How could you not see her face?" he bellowed.

"S-sir she w-was asl-leep and the room was dark. W-" the man stood with his head bowed as he took out his rage on various objects in the room by throwing them across the room.
"It wasn't Corinne goddamn. It was Merleah. Corinne could've been dead by now if it wasn't for you fools to mess up." he growled.

He smashed a vase onto the floor and the man winced.
"I'm sorry sir. It won't happen again." he said lowly.
"It better not. Or else you will be buried deep underground faster than the blink of an eye."

The man left.
"Calvin?" a woman's voice came out gentle yet a bit firm to grab his attention.
He turned around to find his mother standing in the doorway with a stern look on her face. Her arms crossed over her chest with her perfectly manicured eyebrows knitted together.
"Mom...."

"What was that temper tantrum all about? You don't have to destroy the house everytime." she said.

Calvin sighed.

"You don't have to worry son. It's just that she was lucky this time. But next time......we'll get her and I know that." she smirked maliciously.

An identical smirk plastered his lips as he kissed his mother on the cheek.
"What do you have planned out?" his mother asked.

Calvin chuckled darkly.
"Yet another surprise for my beautiful sister."

********

"Oh for the love of God! My head......" Corinne groaned turning to her side. Her head hurt like someone had pricked thousands of needles into her skull. And her eyes felt too heavy to be opened.