Chapter no.33

Corinne's POV:-

We were on our way back from Aiden's when it started to rain.
I sat in the passenger seat looking out of the window while Cameron drove. I watched silently as rain drops slid all the way from the top of the glass and collected at the bottom. The cool water creating perspiration on the glass.

"Can we stop here for a minute?" I mumbled not really trying to raise my voice. And I wasn't sure if he had even heard me over the sound of rain and the car's humming engine.
Until.

The car halted to a stop. We were on the side of a highway surrounded by trees.
"Why? What's wrong?" He asked me softly. I sighed, unbuckling my seatbelt. Cameron's grey eyes watched me in confusion.

I turned to look at him with a smirk.

I didn't know what was happening to me but there was definitely a sudden change in my mood.
"Won't you come enjoy the rain with me Cameron?" I asked.
He tilted his head to the side watching me closely.

"What's gotten into you?" He asked but I could see a smile tugging at his lips nonetheless

I smirked again and leaned forward till I sat on his lap. His hands moved to my sides and rested on my thighs.
Our faces were inches apart and I could feel his arousal through his pants.
"Kiss me." My voice depicted one of need and desperation. Of want and desire. Of lust and love. I knew what I felt for him. I knew I loved him.

His lips crashed to mine the next instant. He grabbed my face trying to pull me closer within the limited space of his car. Our lips moved in sync. The feel of his soft lips sending pleasure coursing through my skin, eliciting arousal deep within. This feeling was incredible. It was nothing like I had ever felt with anyone else. I sucked and bit on his lower lip trying to get all of him at once. His tongue dipped into my mouth.

My hands slid from his broad shirt-cladded chest down to feel his rippled abs. I tried to readjust my position when I heard a groan.
"Don't do that again if you want me to fuck you right here otherwise." His husky voice urged me.
"What did I do?" I asked innocently.

He gestured for me to look down where I sat. I blushed when I realised I was rubbing against his crotch.
"Oops!" I chuckled watching him through my lashes.

"Enjoying ourselves now are we?" He husked in my ear.
He leaned in to my neck this time. I let out a strangled moan as I felt his lips touch my skin.

He placed open-mouthed kisses on every inch of skin he could find.
"We should go home now." I whispered trying to calm myself down a bit.

"You wanted to enjoy the rain didn't you?" He whispered in between kisses.
"I-I-mmmhhhh! I want you." I moaned despite myself.

Suddenly I heard the sound of the car doors being unlocked. He grabbed my hand as we got out of the car. We were entirely drenched in rain in a matter of seconds.

I looked up at the dark cloudy sky. The rain pattered on my face and I sighed trying to forget everything. All the stress of work ,of life in general and Calvin. Was he really out there somewhere? Watching us maybe. Planning on having revenge.

My dad had been killed but no one had known how. The cops had found nothing that could prove it to be a murder. So the case was closed, saying it was a suicide case. While I was still very young to cope with the stress. Merely eighteen at the time.

I don't really remember my mom. We never spent time because of her busy schedule as an architext. But I loved her no less. My world. My role model. My everything.

Calvin and his mother took my parents away from me. I wanted to find him and seek revenge. But I never saw the point. It wasn't like I could bring mom and dad back.

When Aiden and Laverna found out about him, they moved me and Leah out of the city and into Paris. Because they thought Calvin would come for me too. I was the only heir of my father's wealth and if I got killed, Calvin could get all that I had now. It was all a game for my dad's wealth.

But Cameron knew none of this. And I was scared. Would he accept me if he knew I had a crazy murderer on my trail? Would he leave me to save himself if he knew? Would he abandon me?

The thought made me want to curl up in a ball and cry. But I was stronger than that. I knew I was.

His hands came to encircle my waist.
"Corinne! Are you alright?" His soft voice brought me out of my trance. His embrace giving me a sense of warmth and comfort.
"I'm fine." I whispered.
"You seem.....lost."
"I'm fine really." I assured him with a smile.

He leaned into my wet skin on my neck. I could feel his chest pressed against my back.
His hands slid over my stomach and down resting on my thighs. I shivered in his arms.
"You cold?" He kissed under my earlobe as he whispered.

I turned in his arms to face him. I pecked his lips.
"Come on let's go home now."
He nodded. I wasn't surprised how he was always so understanding. Not pushy at all.

Suddenly, guilt washed over me. Because I knew I was hiding something from him. Because I knew I was not trusting the man I love. Because I knew he would get hurt if he came to know I was keeping secrets.

Should I tell him about Calvin? I'm sure he'd understand. He'd never leave me alone. Right?

But the fact was, I was afraid to lose him. If he decided to leave me and never come back.......

The thought alone was heart-breaking. As much as I knew how to close myself up and not to let tears show, I was weak on the inside. And crumpled. I was afraid to lose Cameron. Because I had lost my parents.

At this moment, I was not Corinne Braylon. I was a weak ball of fright and emotions.

I looked out of the window once more, as his car began to move again. The drive was silent and I knew he was trying to give me space. And that is why I fell for him. He knew me so well when even I didn't know myself.

The car halted this time standing in front of his mansion.
I raised my hand to open the door but his voice stopped me.

"I hate it that you're keeping something from me Corinne. But you know you can tell me anything right?" His voice was nothing but a low soothing whisper. One that gave me courage to say what I wanted.

I bit back a sob and turned to face him.
"Cameron......" my voice was a faint whisper. I cupped his face and moved him closer. I needed his presence so much I was addicted to him. I needed his kiss. I needed his touch. I needed him to keep myself together.
"I......Cameron......I-love you." With that I pulled away before tears could fall and bolted out of the car and ran.

But I knew I couldn't run anymore. I had no strength left. I was weak. I had decided to let him see who I was. I wanted to tell him what I was keeping from him.

Because I loved him. More than I ever imagined. More than anything.

********

*squeals* So Corinne finally confessed. It was hard to write this part of the story. Because I couldn't think how she would say she loves him.

So tell me what you think.
Stay safe. Be happy.
Love you guys so much.

*******