Chapter no.51

Corinne's POV:-

The sound of the alarm clock sounded louder than it needed to be and I groaned throwing my covers away. Though this little clock had always been a hidden key to what I am today but I never really appreciated what punctuality meant for me up till now.

The same goes with people. We don't acknowledge and cherish people we love until they are taken away from us. It is then that we realise what a blessing they had been. It is then that we miss them dearly and wish we could somehow have them by our side again.

The sound of the little alarm clock brought me back to the present. Finding myself on my feet looking absent-mindedly at it, I chuckled softly before turning it off. I wondered why I never set an alarm on my phone instead?

I guess it was one of the many things I would hold onto even when I grew old. Because it was what my mom had always done. It was one of the few memories I had of her.

I walked off to my desk looking at my celphone screen blinking rapidly.

15 missed calls.

I knew who they were from and I tried to keep the smile away that threatened to wipe away my frown.
I had a text from Mariano and two from Laverna.
Shaking my head with a smile, I dialled Lav first.
"Hey hon!"
"Morning Lav."
"Oh sorry dear. Did I wake you up?"
"No of course not. I woke up on my own. It's the launch of the winter collection today. I'm going to take a look at the preparations."
"Well that's good. Corinne?"
"Yeah?"

"You're not answering his calls. He's getting upset."
I took a deep breath before answering with a smile.
"Hey Lav. I have got to go. I'll see you this evening alright? Bye."

Silence followed as I cut the call.
I texted Mariano.

Hey loverboy!-C
Haha! Not funny.-M
Grumpy much:)-C
Hey this hangover is killing me and not to mention I can't get your best friend out of my head.-M
Mariano! Admit it. You are head over heels for her.-C
I'm gonna ask her out soon.-M
Good luck!-C
Be on time.-M
K.-C

I could tell he really had a thing for Meryl. He just had to show it to her. I was glad to find Meryl truly happy for once. She had found someone who could love her and keep her safe.

My phone went off once more and I watched it as it rang persistently.

The caller ID as usual made my heart skip a beat.

*Cameron*

I had to pick it up. It was what I needed necessarily. I hadn't heard his voice for a month. But it felt like years.
"I'm going to see you very soon amoré." His voice sent shivers of delight but I urged myself to speak nonetheless.
"Excuse me?"
"Oh c'mon Corinne. You and I both know what I'm going to do once I lay my hands on you babe."

I almost choked on air. His husky tone held a promise that I knew he would keep.

"Whatever. Why did you call me?" I asked trying to fix my hair in the mirror with my one hand.
"Why did you pick up my call?" He threw his question at me and I was caught off guard. It made me speechless.
"I know you missed me."
"I didn't." I whined childishly.

Who the heck was I kidding? I had missed him more than he could imagine.

He chuckled in response and I tried not to blush even though I knew he couldn't see me.
"I'll see you tonight babe."
"Jerk!"
"Love you too bye."

Sighing, I put my phone on charging and went on with my routine before leaving for work.
It had been just thirty days ago that all of it had ended. It was hard to believe that all was well now.