Branded

Nov. 1

Dear Alex,

This morning when Sean woke up he came lumbering into the next room where I was sprawled out on the couch with a stiff neck and droopy eyes. He frowned and seized me by the arm.

"Did you learn your lesson last night?" he snarled.

I sucked in my breath. "Sean, please..."

"I don't think you did," he growled. He reached over and fumbled his hand on the counter, grabbing a pairing knife.

"What are you doing?!" I shouted, trying to pull away from his grip, but he threw me back on the couch and used his weight to hold me down. He held my wrist and brought the tip of the knife to it. "No, Sean! Get off me! Don't!"

"Shut the hell up!" he roared. He pierced my skin with the blade and I sucked on my scream. He dragged it across my wrist and I started getting lightheaded, pressure building behind my eyes... He let go and got off me and I gasped. I drew my wrist closer to myself and analyzed the damage- Sean had drawn an S almost the same width as my wrist, curling just below my palm. A drip of blood slid down my arm.

"Oh my God, Sean," I whispered under my breath.

"Now you'll never forget who you belong to," Sean told me, then he went back in the bedroom. Tears prickled at the back of my eyes and my stomach felt like it was full of sand. I held my other hand over the mark, locked myself in the bathroom and let myself cry.

Love,

Carrie