Chapter 80 | babying

Reader POV

I can barely stand, let alone move without being in pain.

So when I arrived back on Berk and was swarmed with people wondering if I was ok, I decided to pretend I was asleep, Hiccup carried me home and sat me up against the bed head.

I was cleaned up but still wearing gross bloody clothes, by now I had returned to my normal half-dragon state.

Hiccup helped me into some comfortable clothes (his shirt and sweatpants).

And tucked me in, telling me I had to sleep and he'll make some food.

A while later, I was awoken by a knock on the door, I didn't know who it was but I know Hiccup was happy about it.

He then came up with breakfast... Well... Dinner in bed. And, crutches.

I love him.

I sat myself up against the bed frame and smiled, watching him put the crutches against the wall.

"For when you're ready to get up and about" he said.

I smiled brighter as he handed me a plate, the first proper meal I've had in ages (f/f).

((F/f = favourite food))

He sat down beside me and gave me a kiss on the cheek to which I returned.

"You know, you were more mentally hurt than I was physically, I should be treating you" I said, taking a bite from my food.

"You can barley move" he said.

"Point taken, but when I'm better I'm treating you" I said.

"No need"

"Yes need"

"Fine, oh and your mum said she's coming to see you tomorrow, she's helping with the dragons wounds" Hiccup said.

"Ok, are our dragons ok?"

"Yeah, they're just getting rest"

"Understandable"

"Mum and Dad are really worried, don't be surprised if they come in to baby you tomorrow as well" he said.

"Oh don't worry I expect it" I said.

We gave a little laugh and finished our food.

Hiccup took the plates down and crawled in next to me.

I lay on my good side, facing him.

"You go to all this trouble for me, and what do I ever do for you?" I said.

He smiled and brushed the hair from my eyes.

"You exist" he said.

I smiled and gently pulled him into a hug.

"I love you" I said.

"I love you too, I missed you so much"

"I missed you too fishbone"

There was a moment of silence as we enjoyed each other's presence.

"We better get to sleep, and prepare for the drama of the fandom and the village" I said.

"Oh Thor you're right" Hiccup said not letting go.

I snuggled into his chest. And his arms were placed protectively around me.

"Goodnight, I love you so much" I said.

"Goodnight milady, I love you too, so much, never forget that"