Chapter 81 | yet another party

Reader POV

"A DRESS?!" I scream.

"Well, the cheif wants to throw a party to celebrate your safe return and well, it's only kind to wear something nice" mum explains.

"Mum, I hate dresses! And I can barely walk! Like I have crutches but.... Damn it"

"Just give me a colour and I'll take care of the rest"

I sigh.

"Blue"

Hiccups POV

"Um dad don't you think a party will be a bit much for her?" I asked.

"Nonsense it'll be fine, now you need to go and find a suit" dad said.

"Bu- wha?"

"It's formal attire"

"Fine"

I trudge out of the hall and down the path toward my house.

Formal attire? Maybe I'll get to see (y/n) in a dress... I guess that's an upside.

I drag my feet across the ground when I get lost in my thoughts.

About (y/n).

I come to sit on the porch.

"She's the one? What does that even mean?" I mumble to myself.

We're 16 and have been dating for almost a year, successfully made out twice, made a pact to never go THAT far until we're 18, our dragons have kids, we sleep in the same bed, we act like we've been together for years, is that normal?

Then it hit me.

She's the one.

She's the one...

Shes the one, I'll stay with, I'll marry I'll possibly start a family with?! I mean she's not too keen on kids but you know the future can't be told.

It's her.

My soulmate.

I mean, I knew we'd always be together but SHES the ONE. We were obviously destined for one another. But never saw it until we met I guess.

Even my parents know she's the one, which is good and bad. Good because they get why I baby her. Bad because when I'm 20 and have to run the village, they'll start talking about marriage, and Thor knows when I'll actually be ready for that.

I know it'll be a massive shock for her.

But that's really far in the future, why am I worrying an it now?

I get up and scramble upstairs.

"Hey Hiccup" (y/n) said, adjusting her bandage.

"Hey milady" I said kissing her in the cheek.

"I assume you got the party memo?"

"Yep, you ok with it?"

"It's fine really, it's kinda nice to feel that loved, like a massive family" She said.

"Yeah, it's nice" I said.

"So will you be wearing a tux?"

"Yeah, you wearing a dress?"

"Yep" she said "mums making it now, chances are you won't see it till the party"

"It'll be a nice surprise then" I smiled.

She put on that adorable smile and giggled.

"I guess you'll be making the tux a surprise as well?" She said.

I finally found the suit and kept it hidden.

"Yep, I have to talk to dad, I'll see you at the party"

"Love you!"

"Love you too!"