Chapter 124 | this is not the end

A/n: this is it guys, the last chapter. I there will be an after word later today but it'll be a bit different than most of my updates. Prepare yourself.

Reader POV

It's almost midnight, we're all packed into the plaza, waiting for midnight to strike. The new year is almost here. I wonder what will happen next year? Only time can tell. We sat on the edge of the stage, just waiting for those last five minutes to be up. I'm sitting in Hiccups lap, off in my own world fantasising about the new year and my little plan to thank Hiccup for an amazing year just before the countdown.

And it's about time I made that speech.

"Hiccup" I said.

"Hmm?" He hummed looking over to me.

"I just wanted to thank you. For everything"

"You're welcome" he chuckles.

I took a deep breath in and began my speech.

"Thank you for helping me though my tough times, even when you didn't know me and I was watching you from behind a screen, thank you for putting up with my constant dramas thanks to the wings. Thank you for loving me as much as I love you, thank you for helping me fly a dragon for the first time, thank you for understanding, thank you for sticking up for me and most of all. Thank your for shunning me. I love you so much and I love the fact you treat me like a princess, and next year I promise I'll treat you like a prince more often. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me. I love you Hiccup"

The now silent crowd rang out in 'awwws' at my speech.

"I love you too (y/n) never forget that" Hiccup said giving me a tight and comforting hug.

We sat there for a while. Just enjoying the comfort of each other's arms and the pleasure of simply being together. Hiccup is everything to me and I'd never let anyone hurt him. He's the light to my darkness and the green in my grass. He's my cinnamon roll and my little talking fishbone. I love him so much.

"TEN SECONDS TILL MIDNIGHT!"

We instantly stand up and start to jump around.

"TEN!"

I grab Hiccup and hold him bridal style, flying into the air and sitting on top of the statue in the centre of the village.

"NINE!"

I sit crosslegged and Hiccup positions himself on my lap.

"EIGHT!"

I look up at the dragons placed around Berk ready to fire their blast.

"SEVEN!

SIX!

FIVE!"

I look back at Hiccup and smirked at him.

"FOUR!

THREE!

TWO!"

I grabbed Hiccups chin and started to lean in.

"ONE!"

As the crowd erupted in cheers I smashed my lips onto Hiccups and gave him a long passionate kiss as the dragons began to create fire works with their blasts. He happily kissed back with the same amount of passion I gave him, he knows it's been my life long dream to kiss in New Years, that's why he gave me all the passion I have him but ten times better.

We slowly pulled away and started into each other's eyes.

"I wonder what this year will bring?" I asked.

"Easy. More adventures, more friends and more romance~" Hiccup replied.

I giggled at tapped his nose.

"You're giggle is so cute" he said.

He knows how to make my blush... I looked away and tried to cover the blush with my long over sizes sleeve of Hiccups shirt.

"Stop hiding!" He said pulling my hand away. Just like the days back at the sanctuary.

"You don't have to... You're beautiful"

I smiled and hugged him, looking up at the fire works created by the dragons we all know and love.

"I love you" Hiccup said.

I rested my head on his shoulder and sighed.

"I don't know what I did to deserve you, but whatever it was I'm glad I did it, I love you too" I said.

"You deserve me because, you're MY little girl with the dragon wings"

THE END.