Blood On My Tiles

Currently Ashley, Taylor, and I are in the pool, soaking up the sun on this very, very warm Friday afternoon. Ashley and I were on floaties and Taylor was just tanning on a pool chair, taking notes. Taking notes on what? Ashley's wedding, of course. Taylor was also one of bridesmaids, and she was very organized and liked to do this kind of stuff. 

"I want those classic Christmas light bulbs and the tiny little round ones, the bigger ones have the cream light and the smaller ones have the blue." Ashley says and I nod in agreement. 

"Okay, and what kinds of flowers again?" Taylor asks and then I hear Ashley giggle for a moment.

"Sunflowers and daisies, my mother hates those." She says in an evil tone, making me sit up and look at her and raise an eyebrow, questioning her. "Well you know how my mother hates Caleb?" She says and Taylor laughs after. 

"No way, really? How is she letting you get married to him?" Taylor says in shock, while letting out a few chuckles. 

"Not her choice is it? Anyways, Caleb got me those flowers on our first date. My mother thought they were too'bumpkin', but I thought they were romantic for him." Ashley says like she's in a happy daze, as if remembering it was only yesterday it happened. "My mother hates the thought of my spending the rest of my life with some 'cowboy who rides ponies for a living', but what can she do, I love 'em." She swoons, making my heart melt and smile. 

"I love you two." I say as I lay back down. 

"I know, we're perfect." 

****************

Writing in my journal today was mostly was about Ashley and Caleb, and my thoughts and wishing about what love is. I wrote down my ideal man and what I looked for in a guy, but with my case I would never allow myself to find it. 

Keeping what happened in Bismarck is killing me inside. I feel like it's building up inside me like lava does in a volcano. But I can't let it out, it would make everything worse. I know my family would keep constant tabs on me, and it would put a major down fall on the family. I couldn't do that to them, after everything they have done for me. This is for me to deal with on my own. 

Feeling the vibration under my leg, I flip over my phone and look at the screen and see that Cooper is calling me. "Hello?" 

"Hey it's me, I was just wondering if you could come over and help me with a couple of horses." Cooper's voice says through the phone. 

"Yeah sure, be right over." I say and close my journal and slide off my bed, my feet hitting the cold wooden floor of my bedroom. 

I'm almost to my truck, when I see my dad and decide to tell him where I'm going. Dad's currently cutting some old wood, and then loading them in the truck bed. My dad had put a lot of time and effort into this ranch, and it made me really proud to be apart of it. "Hey dad I'm going to Cooper's to help him with his horses." I say and then he stops and puts down the chainsaw and looks at me with a confused look. 

"Is this you asking me?" He says as he wipes his forehead with his handkerchief. 

"Um, well I just though-"

"I told you that you have to ask before going to his house, so no, you can't go." He says very sternly, taking me way back because of his actions. 

"What? Dad I'm just going over there to help him." I say back to him. 

"Do you know what he did to me?" My dad says, as if he's had enough of me trying to defend Cooper. I cross my arms, waiting for him to inform me. "He stole money from the livestock barn!" He barks at me and I am shocked. Cooper wouldn't steal money, I know he has plenty enough for himself and his family.