Sister Sister

I thought today would be a very happy and peaceful day, but so far, it's been the complete opposite. Ashley, my mother, and I are running around the house and around town to get everything ready for the wedding today. I can't believe that it's finally here! I am so excited for my brother and Ash, I know it's going to be great and be the best day of their lives.  

"Dad! Do not touch that!" I order my father, who is poking the centerpieces, which I did all by myself. The centerpieces were old cowboy hats that I had collected, and I cut out the top of the hat and placed perfectly arranged flowers. 

My dad threw up his hands in a surrender type and then backed away, "Man, do I love being controlled by a bunch of women." He jokes and then he walks out of the house and into the nice fresh air. Today was a perfect day to have an outdoor wedding, not too warm, not too windy, nor too cold, it was superb. 

I carefully put the centerpieces into wooden crates and then I carry each of them to the box of my pickup. After I loaded the last crate, my phone was buzzing in the band of my running shorts and I pulled it out and saw that Taylor was calling me. "Hey Tay." I greeted her as I walked towards my porch to get more stuff. 

"Hey, what are you doing?" She asked me. 

"Just getting stuff ready for the wedding, you know, sweating my ass off." I joked with her and she let out a small laugh. 

"Do you want help? I feel bad because I am a bridesmaid too and I'm not even helping." She sighed and I did too.

"You can if you want, just bring all of your supplies and stuff over and then we can ride together." I say to her as I enter the house and I see my mom getting the table assignment cards. 

"Okay! Be there in a few!" She said and then she hung up and I did too, and looked around for things to pack up. 

****************

Once again, I was running around the ceremony venue, fixing anything that was out of place. I made sure the chairs were perfectly in place, and the decorations were hung nicely. After I was done with this, it would be time to get all dolled up with the other girls. I walked to the spot were Ash and Caleb would get married and looked at the chairs, prefect. 

I ran into the building that the other girls were in, and walked to the designated room for us

I ran into the building that the other girls were in, and walked to the designated room for us. When I walked in the room, I noticed the girls getting their hair done while sitting in the chairs, and soft country music playing in the background. "There she is!" My mother's voice said from the other side of the room, talking to who I presume was another makeup artist. 

"I just had to another check on everything." I say and then I grab a red robe and my bridesmaid dress then go behind the privacy screen and strip of my clothes, except for my strapless bra and underwear and then put on my dress carefully, then put my robe over it. 

Once I'm back out into the open, I sit down in my spot, in the middle of Taylor and Ashley. Both of them currently getting their makeup done, so it's my turn now. The lady that my mom was talking to comes over to me, "Hi I'm Julie." She sticks out her hand for me to shake.