Dancin' Boots

Soft sheets tangled across my legs as I stirred in my sleep, finally waking up after a good nights sleep. I opened my eyes slowly, letting them get used to the morning sun, and then I turned my head to the left, expecting to see a sleeping Cooper, but nope. I was surprised, but then I remembered I have a hard-workin' boyfriend, so I just rolled over onto his pillow. I looked over at the clock and saw it was already eight o'clock! No alarm clock this morning, no wonder it felt amazing waking up just now. 

After gathering my thoughts, I grabbed the comforters and pulled them off me and got out of Cooper's bed, and into his bathroom to get some mouth wash. I cringed when I saw my reflection in the mirror, my hair was a mess! After spitting out my mouth wash, I took out my mess of a bun and redid it. 

I walked back into Cooper's room and then grabbed some sweat pants, so I didn't have to change back into my dress or go with out pants in front of Desiree. I grabbed my phone and shoved it into my pocket and then I decided to go downstairs to the kitchen, maybe Desiree was in there. As I was walking down the stairs, I saw Reese and Desiree already at the kitchen table eating some cereal and watching one of Reese's TV shows. As soon as my foot hit the cool wooden floor, Desiree looked up and smiled, "Good mornin', DaKota." 

I smiled back at them, "Good morning, mind if I eat some cereal with you guys?" I asked as I walked towards them. 

"Sure thing!" Desiree said as I walked past her. 

"Not Lucky Charms! Those are mine! Eat Captain Crunch, those are Cooper's!" Reese's little voice boomed as I walked into the pantry and was reaching for a box, which I now grabbed Captain Crunch. Desiree and I both laughed at his concern, he was just so cute! 

After breakfast, I decided I should go out to see Cooper before I leave. So after putting my dress and heels into my pickup I went over to the gate to the pasture and there was Cooper, fixing the barbed wire fence about 30 yards away. I climbed on to the top of the gate and sat there. He didn't notice me, and I sure as heck didn't mind. It was a hot and muggy morning, which lead to a shirtless and sweaty Cooper. Which then lead to a happy DaKota. 

I watched as he worked his tools and the wire, all of his muscles moving along with him, it was mesmerizing to me. He wasn't wearing his usual American straw cowboy hat, he just had a King Ropes truckers hat on backwards. "Hey cowboy!" I said and then he gave the wire one last twist and then looked over in my direction and squinted his eyes because of the sun, and then smiled and stood up and started walking over to me. 

My eyes couldn't help but look at him from head to toe, mainly focusing on his six pack abs that were covered in sweat and some dirt. My eyes found his gleaming brown eyes and he smirked, "Like what you see, darlin'?" He then held out his arms, pretending to be cocky. 

"I don't know turn around," I smirked and he chuckled and then turned around and popped his hip at me, trying to make his butt look good. He turned back around and walked closer, "I sure do." I winked at him and he laughed. 

He came in between my legs and smiled up at me, "Good morning pretty girl." I leaned down and made sure to hold onto the gate so I didn't fall on him. His lips tasted like coffee and sweat, but I sure as hell didn't mind, it was surprisingly sweet to me. 

"Mmm, good morning cowboy." I said as our lips left each others and then Cooper backed away and then climbed the gate and sat right next to me so our legs were touching. 

"You headin' out?" He asked me, looking forwards. 

"Yeah, I just came out here to say goodbye." I said and looked at him and then he looked back at me. 

"I'm sorry that we couldn't wake up together this morning, but you sure are cute as hell when you sleep." He said and nudge my shoulder, making me blush.