Think of Me

I stirred on the couch, trying to find the right position to fall asleep. Oh who was I kidding, it wasn't the discomfort that was keeping me awake, it was Cooper. After everything that happened, he tried calling me half an hour later, but I ignored it. Cooper texted me, and I replied back to him that I needed some time to think, and he texted me back, I didn't respond, and then he called me again. 

Cooper knows that I don't like when he gets into fights, but I'm not saying that to control his life. It's just I don't want him getting into trouble, it just gets him even more pissed off. I know Cooper can resist fighting, he just needs help, and I am going to be the one to help him. 

But as I lay here and think about tonight more, I realized the real reason I was like that, is because of Wade. He'd be the one who made me angry. Thinking of what he did to me really got me on edge, and it didn't help that Stetson was making it worse. I don't know what happened to Stetson after, but I'm sure he ran off to get "comforted" by the first girl he saw. 

I threw the covers off me and I sat up on the couch, I needed to go talk to Cooper and apologize. I looked at the time, 12:13, maybe he was still up. I grabbed my sweatshirt off the coat rack and pulled it over my head, and slipped on my moccasins and quietly went outside and headed for Cooper's trailer. 

When I got closer, I saw a tiny light on in his trailer, he was still up. Maybe he had the same problem as me. I played with the hems of my arm sleeves and walked up to the door of the trailer, and then I knocked on the door. As I was waiting, I realized it was really cold outside, and I was just wearing a sports bra under my loose sweatshirt, and wearing running shorts. The door finally opened and Cooper looked very confused until he saw it was me. 

Neither of us said anything, just stared at each other, "Come in, it's cold out here." He spoke first and grabbed my hand and pulled me in. Cooper switched on a light, and then I saw his face clearly, he had a tiny scrap above his eye and there was still some blood on his nose and looked a little bruised. 

"You missed some blood." I said to him and he gave me an are-we-really-doing-this look. He just looked at me, so I got up and grabbed a wash cloth, ran some cold water on it, and then turned to him. He relaxed his shoulders once he realized I wasn't so pissed not to help him. I took a couple of steps to him, reached up and gently cleaned the blood off his face. 

"I'm sorry." He said after I pulled down my hand, so we were still close. "But that jackass deserved it. I saw him talking to you and how he was so close to you, and I was mad but I calmed myself down. But when I saw him put his hand on your hip, I knew it made you feel uncomfortable, so it made me uncomfortable. When he didn't accept no, that's when the anger set in. I saw the look on your face and that's when I walked up to him and said something. But he was the one the throw the first punch. I just saw-" I cut him off with a hug, my head was turned against his chest, and I wrapped my arms around his mid-back. He was quick to hug me back, he even let out a sigh of relief. "Are you okay?" He asked me and I pulled away. 

"Yeah, it's just that when he kept touching me on my scar, flashbacks of Wade took over. I blacked out because it was just too much for me." I said as I climbed the stairs to his bed and lied there until he came up with me. We laid next to each other,  turning our heads took look at each other. "I have to apologize too. I think the main reason I was mad is because of Wade. It makes me angry because he's gone and he still has control of me, I'm sick of it."

"I'm sorry, is there any way I can help?" He asks. 

"I just don't wanna talk about it.." I sigh and then he nods. "Can I ask you a question?" He just 'mhm's to me.  "Is there any way you can stop your need to fight?"

"I don't feel the need to fight, Kota.." He sighed and turned his head and looked up at the ceiling. I still looked at Cooper, and I started to admire his features. I wonder what his dad looks like, was he just as handsome as Cooper? "I just don't like it when people disrespect someone or me.."