Dad no.

I woke up the next morning, smiling? I searched my brain as why I was smiling, and the only thing I could think of was Cooper. Cooper and his gorgeous eyes. Cooper with his charming smile. Cooper and his cheesy and funny jokes. Cooper and his punches... Cooper and his protective ways.. Cooper Blackwood.. 

I sat up in my bed and remembered last night. I only thought about the whole Mason situation for a second, because my mind was preoccupied with Cooper saving me. Honestly, I would never thought of Cooper handling it like he did. 

I know he punched Mason, but I would of expected him to just pound on Mason. But no, just one shove and punch, sending him a message and he was done. He knew it was a delicate moment and he didn't try to get me to talk. 

And that hug we had, oh that hug.. Least to say, it was perfect. I really wanted to do it again. But I couldn't, Cooper probably didn't want me to. 

I know he said he cared, but so did Mason. Mason said he cared about me, but look at what happened. I think Cooper was just in the moment and it would only be last night... 

**************

I'm taking the dogs for a run, I'm planning to go to Crazy Man Hill. The dogs really enjoy going there and so do I. It was so open, the hills rolled and the mountains in the horizon seemed like they were glowing. Micah and Gauge were best buddies and they would run side by side with each other, stopping occasionally to have a quick fight. 

It felt good to go on a run, it really got my steam out and my mind off things. I really need to do this often, I've ran two miles and I'm started to get pretty tired. I stopped on the top of hill to catch my breath. 

Then it thundered, and I looked up at the sky and it was darkening by the second. Next thing I knew, it was pouring cats and dogs. I looked up, the rain droplets pounded my face. "Great." I mumbled. I looked around and dogs were sitting side by side looking at me basically saying, 'What are you gonna do?' 

I looked around and saw a house, as I looked harder, it was Cooper's house. I turned around in the direction of my house, it would be too far to run in this rain and not get sick. I almost start to hit myself, because I wanted to go to his house, but at the same time I didn't. "Ugh, come on boys." I say and wipe the rain off my face and I start jogging. The dogs begin to bark as they run in the direction I am. 

I reached Cooper's house in no time, because of the angle I was running down. By now, I was drenched and so were my dogs. I went onto their porch and rang the doorbell. The door opened and Cooper's mom answered it. She looked a little confused but then her lips turned into a smile. "Come in!" She waved her arm and opened the door. 

"I am so sorry Desiree, I don't want to make your house a mess." I say and stay on the floor mat. 

"Oh honey no worries! So what were you doing?" She yells as she walks into their bathroom. 

"Well I was running with my dogs and it just started pouring!" I say louder so she can hear me. 

"Well I'll go out there and take care of ya puppies! Here's a towel, you can go up stairs and use the shower." 

"I hate to be a bother Desiree." I say taking the towel from her and start to dry myself. 

"Oh it's not a bother! Oh and Cooper's in town right now, but he should be back any time." She says and she goes behind me and grabs an umbrella and puts her Muck boots on. 

"Thanks Desiree." I say and she smiles and then goes outside. 

I take off my shoes and look around Cooper's house. I like how rustic and charming it was. Little country decor was all over and pictures were neatly arranged on the walls. As I walked up the stairs I enjoyed the school pictures. Cooper was so cute as a little kid! Reese was equally as cute, and they looked very much alike.