Chapter 8: Not going to break

Yay another chapter🌹🍁🌸🌺🌼
This chapter will be pretty short!!
Warning: I suck at grammar!!
////////////////////////////////////

Hazel

"Do you ever feel like you chose the wrong thing to do?" I glance at John and see tears streaming down his face which makes my heart clench

"Yes, I do but I made this choice so I have to live with it"

I hear him let out a choked sob "how are you able to be so strong?"

I chuckle and give him a sad smile "I'm not strong, but I stay strong for you guys. Because your family and if I break you probably will to"

He tries to smile but fails and starts to cry more. Pulling him into my arms I run my fingers through his hair and rock him back and forth

"Your probably right about that, seeing you break would be the worst thing that could happen to me. But thank you haze for staying with me"

"Don't worry about it, just remember I'm always here for you"

He hugs me tighter "I know"

Opening my eyes tears build up but I push them away, quickly sliding out of bed I think of how much I miss seeing their smiles. God I miss them! Taking a deep breath I decide not to have a crazy Sunday and just chill.

Deciding I needed a shower I walk into my bathroom and do my usual routine, when I'm finished I change into black nike joggers and a oversized white t-shirt. Sitting on my couch I decide to draw, so I find my art book and start to sketch a picture of me and my team in our uniforms.

A little while after that I decide to see if I have anything from the navy here, I already miss it and I want something for me to remember my times there. So with that thought I decide to look everywhere in my apartment to find something. When I finish my search I'm surprised at him much I found, looking over the stuff which is my formal uniform, my dog tags, my diary from when I served, some navy jewelry, and Mason's and his wife's wedding rings. Smiling a sad smile I run my hand over my diary that holds so many memories, good and bad

Putting Mason's and Lucy's (Mason's wife) wedding rings on a chain I put it around my neck and smile at how they fall close to my heart, slipping on my dog tags I take a deep breath and look in the mirror. Feeling tears come to my eyes I clutch their wedding rings and that's when I broke down for the first time in my life.

A couple hours later.......

When I finished with my break down I decided to sketch again. So that's what I did and now I have tons of pictures and a hand cramp, after deciding to be lazy for the rest of the day I watched CSI: NY on Netflix and wished that I didn't have work tomorrow.

After finishing the first season of CSI the joker pops up in my mind. No matter how hard I try to not think of him he just keeps popping up, his suffocating green eyes, his electric green hair and his annoying maniacal laugh that I can still hear. Sighing I run my fingers through my hair and shake my head, trying to get the green haired man out of my thoughts.

Pinching the bridge of my nose i sigh why am I even thinking about him?! I don't like him! I mean he's cool and I wouldn't mind being his friend, but.......I don't know maybe it's because we are kind of alike in some ways?

How he's insane and embraced it

And how I went through insanity but didn't break

I know he's going to try and break me

But he should know I wasn't made to break.......

Thank you for reading I hope you enjoyed!!! I'm sorry it's so short:(
Please vote, comment and share!!
Thank you for reading!!!
Stay lovely💚💜
-Wynterlily