Chapter 17: Jack

Hey guys I'm back with another chapter! I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while I had a little bit of a writers block:( but I'm back and excited to write more chapters!!:) Also go check out my two new books and comment your thoughts I would really appreciate it:)
Warning: I suck at grammar
Might be short:(
Thought the pic was funny
/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/

Hazel

I've been back with the joker for a couple days and it's been good. He hasn't gone crazy and electrocuted me yet, and that's great. But I can't help but feel he's different somehow. Like he's having an inner battle with himself, and I understand that feeling well. So I'm giving him space, I talk to him when he seems like he's going to do something crazy and he just ends up staring at me with a very confused and helpless look. Then he would leave and not talk to me or even glance at me for hours, it's starting to creep me out............like a lot. So I decide to be the brave awesome person I am and ask him what the hell is going on, because I think of him as a dear friend believe it or not. You might think I'm crazy, right? Well I just feel like we have this connection, I don't know what that connection is but it's nice I don't mind it.

"Hey joker"

He lifts his head from his desk and looks at me with cold eyes "what?"

"What wrong with you?"

He seems surprised that I asked but he just narrows his eyes and grimaces "what do you mean?"

"I mean that hopeless and confused look you have. Its like you're fighting with yourself, so tell me what's wrong and I'll do what I can to help."

He looks at me shocked and his features fall into that of a sad lonely child's "someone actually cares for jack?"

So his name is jack, they never released his name in the comics or movies so I never knew if jack was his real name or not.

He sniffles and he looks at me with teary eyes "what about joker?"

I give him the smile I always gave my little brother and he bursts into tears "of course" his tears start falling faster and my heart aches, he looks like a little boy that was shown no love. He kind of reminds me of Tyler my little brother, when he was born my family was so happy he was like a light in the dark sky. But on his 6th birthday he collapsed and we rushed him to the hospital, that day was one of the worst days of my life. Because that day we found out he had leukemia and it was so bad that they couldn't do anything to save him, we just had to wait until his time came and it was so agonizing.

It was slowly killing me inside but I stayed strong for him, but mom broke after a week so she abandoned us, abandoned her dying son without a second thought. I still remember the day he asked me why mom didn't love us anymore and I answered "because she couldn't take the pain" then I promised him I wouldn't leave his side until his last breath. And I still remember the smile that lit up his face when he heard that, it brought light to that dark time and I will never ever forget that smile that was filled with such happiness. Then a thought occurred to me, why don't I try to make the broken jack/joker smile with such happiness as my little brother did. He needs someone and I'll be that someone if I have to, even if he has done things I do not agree with.

With that thought I stood from my seat and walked around the desk, dropping down on my knees bedside the joker I turn his chair so he's facing me and give him a sad smile. Grabbing his face in my hands I kiss his forehead and lean my forehead against his

"Don't worry, Jack. Joker. I'm here for you even with everything you have done, I believe you want to change I can see it in your eyes."

He looks into my eyes and a small smile appears on his face "You'll be here for both of us?"

I chuckle at his wide eyes and kiss his forehead again "Of course, Jack. Joker."

Sorry it probably wasn't that good but I hope you liked it!! It took awhile to write but I'm happy with the end result:) Please comment, vote and share it would mean the world
Thank you~
Stay lovely💜💚
-Wynterlily❄️