Chapter One

Chapter One

"Psst! Hey, you,"I swatted the annoying hand away from my face. I was sleeping quite peacefully on - my eyes snap open - a desk? Memories of last night and this morning swirled around in my mind. I groan loudly as the fight with my mom I had this morning I got filtered through my mind. We had to sleep in the truck, so I didn't get much sleep.

I knew that she was stressed about having to move so much, but she wasn't the only one who was affected. I mean I was the one-

"Dude, you're drooling," I quickly sit up and force the blush off my cheeks. I looked down at the dark desk, and sure enough, there were a couple drops of evidence that I was napping hard. A nap that I was thoroughly enjoying.

As I was wiping away the spit, I look to my left for the source of disturbance. I nearly choke as my eyes land on the epitome of an Armani model. His green eyes shone with mischievousness, and his dark hair was lightly swept to the side. His top lip was slightly thinner than his bottom, but they were perfectly pink.

"Rough night?" Now that I was completely out of my sleepy daze, I could register how rough his voice was. It sounded like a smoker's voice, but it was still sexy somehow.

"Fuck off," was my kind response. Note the sarcasm.

"Whoooa there chick-a-dee. What did I do to deserve all this animosity?" He leaned forward slightly, as if to get a closer look. I leaned away from him, promptly ignoring his curious gaze.

"Well my name is Caden."

"Kay." That's right. Keep it short.

"This is the part you tell me your name short stuff." I turned my head and narrowed my eyes at Caden.

"Excuse me? Short stuff?" Caden chuckled and leaned back into his seat.

"Sure, you're the shortest girl I've ever seen before. It's really cute." I growled under my breath and tried to compose myself. When I was short on sleep, I was vicious.

"Well how about you stuff that nickname up your ass and leave me alone," I snap and fold my arms across my chest defensively. Caden frowns and continues to study me.

"You don't seem to like me very much," Caden remarks with a frown. I humorlessly laugh and clap my hands lightly.

"Wow. Annoying and observant. We've got ourselves a winner here," I sardonically quip and sneer at him.

"Listen, I don't like people - period. I'm not here to make friends. Keep that in mind." I'm not making friends, because the last friends I had ended up dead. The bell rings, cutting Caden off before he could respond. I throw my back pack over my shoulder and nearly sprint out of the classroom, desperate to escape from Caden.

My next class was English, but I had no clue where I was going. For my first class, Chemistry, I had to ask five people before someone showed me the way. As I was looking down at the sheet that held my classes, I didn't realize that I was walking so quickly. I also didn't know that another person was heading straight for me. My body collided with someone who was had to be made from brick. We teetered over, and I fell onto the person. I squeal as I hold onto dear life to this guy, while he grasped my waist to keep me from hitting the cold tile.

I finally look up, and my breathing seems to stop completely. His steely grey eyes watched me intently, and his blond hair stuck out each other way, making it clear that he didn't care. My hands itched to rove over his face to see if his jaw line was as sharp as it looked. He snaps out of his trance and glares at me.