Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

"What the fuck do you mean no?!" I screamed at my mom from across the living room. When I told her it was time to move, I didn't expect her to say no. I expected her to smile sadly at me and nod. That's what she's done every other time we have moved. 

"I said no Olivia. We have a good house, and I have a good job. It's been two months and nothing has happened baby. It will be okay, you have those boys to watch over you." She was trying to reassure me, but I shook my head.

"Are you kidding me! They already have a death wish! Once he figures out-," 

"Olivia, it will be alright. I promise. Please just trust me. We are not going to leave. Straighten up, and stop giving me your bitch face. It's not lady like." She turned around and left me alone in the living room, steaming mad. I kept my ultimate bitch face intact and immaturely stuck my tongue out in the direction she disappeared. I grabbed my bags from the mall and storm up to my room. 

My feet started to burn from the friction of pacing back and forth on the soft carpet. 

Could I befriend them? The boys? (Excluding Talon.) Mina -- I can for sure. She's in the safe zone, I can do whatever I want with her and I won't get in trouble. We aren't going anywhere obviously, and Mina can't be my only friend. Or can she? I've had just one friend before, but it was a guy. A friend that was murdered. But Caden, Tav and Talon can handle themselves can't they? I mean, they are in a gang. Surely they have guns and all of that stuff. Maybe we can just be civil acquaintances? NO! I won't let them get hurt! But what's the point? They already consider me their friend, why can't I think the same? Oh I know! Last friends I had, ended up with their blood splattered on the walls. 

I closed my eyes as the constant reminder of them pummeled through my brain. The same inane thoughts and questions relentlessly run through my head. My patience was starting to seriously thin. 

Maybe I should just stick with Mina for now. I nodded my head and picked my phone up, dialing her number. 

"Hello?" Mina's gentle voice seemed to somewhat calm my frantic nerves. 

"Hey Mina, can I spend the night at your place?" I asked hopefully. 

"Sure! Be there in ten." She hung up, and I packed an overnight bag before walking across the hall to my mom's room. I knocked once and opened the door without waiting for an answer. She was tucked into bed and reading a book. She looked up and frowned when she saw my overnight bag slung over my shoulder. 

"I'm going to spend the night at Mina's this weekend if that's alright. She's coming to pick me up," as the words left my mouth, a horn beeped from the front of the house. My mom smiled at me and nodded. 

"Sure sweetie. Have fun and keep me updated." I nodded and said my goodbyes, still irked that she wouldn't leave me to protect my friends. NO! NOT friends. Definitely not friends. I locked the front door behind me, and smiled as I crouched down to squeeze into Mina's car. 

"Hey hey," Mina said as she smiled widely at me. 

"Whaddup Dino girl." I jumped and screamed as a voice suddenly appeared behind me in the back seat. I turn to glare at Caden and Tav who were laughing and squirming around. 

"Why are they here?" I face the front, my mood dampened from the two jack asses sitting behind me. 

"They wanted to come with." I said nothing as Mina turned the radio on to fill the empty silence. Nobody said anything the whole entire way to Mina's house. As we were pulling up, I looked over to Talon's house that was across the street and I wasn't surprised to see him standing out front. 

"He's not very happy with the stunt we pulled this afternoon. Just be warned." Mina winked at me as I hit my head against the seat and groaned. Caden grabbed my bag before I could and ran after Tav who was already inside. I looked over my shoulder, but I frowned when he was no longer standing on his front porch. I shrugged and barely listened as Mina pulled me inside and told me where everything was. Her house was beautiful like expected, much like Talon's. Granite floors, high ceilings and expensive furniture. 

"Let's go up to my room." I just merely nodded and followed Mina up the grand stairs. She opened the fourth door to the right, and we entered silently. I looked around and I was in awe. If it was from awe, or disgust I couldn't tell. Have never seen so much damn pink and sparkles in one spot in my life. 

"Wow..." I trailed off, not knowing what to say. 

"It takes some getting used to." Mina giggled at me as I stared at the room with a slackened jaw. A knock on Mina's door interrupted me from my stupefied daze. 

"You girls decent?" Tav asked through the white door. 

"Yeah," Mina called from her walk in closet. Tav opened the door and smiled at me, completely oblivious to the painfully pink room. 

"Caden and I are going to watch a movie, wanna join?" Mina looked over at me and I nodded. I guess a movie wasn't going to hurt anything. 

We got settled in and much to my distaste they picked some horror movie. 

Everyone fell asleep halfway through, but I was riveted, even though I was terrified. I was watching through my fingers at this particularity suspenseful part of the movie. A hand grabbed my shoulder and I didn't hold anything back as I let a ear shattering shriek escape my lungs. As I was screaming, it woke Mina up with her own scream. I'm pretty sure I heard a scream come from Caden too. I stand up and whirl around, prepared to reign hell down on the person for scaring me. 

Talon. I thought with a sneer.

I glared him into the ground, and I had the urge to throw my body into his and take him to the floor while punching him repeatedly. 

"What fuck is wrong with you Talon," I exclaimed loudly. Mina rubbed her sleepy eyes, and blinked a couple of times before glaring at Talon herself. You could barely see him in the dimness of the living room. You could see the outline of his body and just barely see his face. But you could see his burning, cold grey eyes. 

"I couldn't pass it up." He just shrugged and sat down on a chair calmly. 

"I'm going to bed. You coming?" Mina looked down at me expectantly and I nodded.

"Night Dino girl." I didn't respond as I followed Mina up to her room. We jumped into her king sized bed and instantly fell asleep. 

A/N: writing while sleep deprived is difficult. 

Vote, comment, and share! 

A xo