#1

She bumped into someone, and all her stuff went tumbling on the ground.

The coffee in her hand fell all over her designs. Again.
And her laptop too.

She didn't see the face of the person she bumped into. She looked down to see her designs ruined. And her laptop had fallen with a bang, there was no way it was gonna work now.
All her hard work was ruined. Her designs, her presentation. Everything.
Every.

Freaking.

Thing.

She would have to look for another job now.

There was no way her boss was going to understand her situation. He was going to fire her.
She was fired. She was feeling miserable.

She was so helpless she had tears running down her cheeks.

The media and the people outside had gone crazy. She didn't know why. They were all murmuring to each other, as if debating about something, almost as if mocking her.

"I..I'm sorry." She heard a voice.
She looked up to look at the source.
And the world came to a stand still. Every noise, every sound,
every voice, was sucked into the ground.

Deep, brown, curious eyes. Perfect eyebrows. Pointed nose. Square cheek bones. Sharp jaw. Thin, pink lips, slightly parted. A little stubble. Dressed in a three piece suit and shiny shoes.

Gorgeous.

She couldn't help but stare at the gorgeous man standing in front of her.

"I'm sorry." The man repeated.

"It's..it's okay." She said, suddenly coming back to the present, she rubbed her temples to get a grip of herself. He bent down to pick her stuff up.

She noticed something off and looked around to find the media and the people outside, looking absolutely stunned. They had gotten the biggest news ever.

THE MANIK MALHOTRA, the most arrogant businessman who never apologized, even if it was his mistake, just apologized to some random girl, and was bending in front of her, to help her.
And it wasn't even his mistake.

Whoa.

She turned back around to find that man looking at her,with her stuff in His hands. There was something in his eyes that made her heart skip a beat.

Awe?
Her heart asked.

Nope. No way. It's pity.
Her mind answered.
And she agreed. After all, she was crying in front if him like an idiot.

Pity it is. She took one last look at his handsome face, sighed, took her stuff from him, mumbled a thank you and left.

Rude much?

She wasn't gonna see him ever again anyway.

***
She entered the office to see everyone staring at her and murmuring stuff to each other.
Great.
It seemed like everyone knew what a bad day she had had so far. Every one knew she was getting fired.

They were probably gossiping about how poor and irresponsible she was.

She ignored them all and went yo he tiny desk. She touched the picture if her mother and turned towards her laptop to see if it still worked.
And obviously, it didn't.

It was almost time for her presentation. But she didn't have anything to present. She took a Dee breath, closed her eyes, and braced herself for all the humiliation she was gonna face.

This deal was huge, according to her boss. She was going to deal with some billionaire Malhotra, who apparently was the most wanted and famous man, and Indian too.

She entered the dark conference room and looked around. She recognized almost everyone. Nobody liked her.
Meh.

Aria had called in sick today. So she wasn't here either.

She took her seat and looked over to her boss, who sniggered at her. And then her eyes turned to the man whom she had to please with her presentation.

Him. The guy she had bumped into outside. The same guy.

Awesome.

He definitely didn't like her, because she hadn't even apologized to him.
She was so screwed.

"So, everybody, this Mr. Manik Malhotra. I won't say anymore because I'm pretty sure you know him." Mr. Bossy jerk introduced him. All the females, hiding behind tons of make up, Nandini noticed, were drooling over him, trying to catch his attention by doing impossible and disgusting stuff. Batting their eyes and exposing, you know what I am talking about. The men looked up to him like her was God. So, in short, everybody except Nandini worshipped him.

But he didn't give a flying fuck to the people around and focused in his files, not responding to anything.

This impressed Nandini.

"Ms. Murthy? Shall we start with the presentation now?" Her boss asked her in a mocking tone with a sarcastic smile, yet again messing with the pronunciation of her name.

She didn't beat around the bush. If she was getting fired, so be it. She didn't want to work in this hell hole anyway.
"I don't have it." She said blankly.

She saw him stir a bit and look up at her. Their eyes met for a second, but she looked down.

"Excuse me?" Mr. Jerk asked her in disbelief.

"I said I don't have my presentation." She said calmly.

She heard some gasps and murmurs.

She noticed his eyebrows rising and his eyes becoming wider.

"You're fired." Mr. Jerk said. Plain and simple.
Mumurs broke out.
She heard some chuckles and someone saying "she deserves it" and "bitch".

She was used to this. She collected her stuff and left from the room to her desk. She emptied her desk and moved out without a word. Without a protest. Without any explanation.

She reached the elevator and entered it. She pushed the "1" button and waited for the doors to close. It was about to close when a hand obstructed its path and they opened again.

And in he came, panting heavily.
Manik.

She moved to the side to give him space to stand.
She was confused. Why was he panting? Did he run all the way? But why? There were 2 other elevators waiting to be filled. He could have used those instead. Why did he stop this elevator? He probably wanted to insult her or mock her. That's what everyone else did.

The doors closed.

He took a deep breath. She waited for him to start. She had already started making answers to all the possible insults he could throw at her.

"Work for me."

Wait, what?

*****

If you liked this chapter, please please please Vote and comment. It means a lot to me. The more votes, the earlier you will get the updates.

Stay blessed.

#okthanksbye