#24

Anybody else craving Oreo cookies? :(

*****
"I'm falling fast
I hope this lasts
I'm falling hard for you
I say "Let's take a chance"
Take it while we can
I know you feel it too"
~Avril Lavigne, Falling Fast.

__

Please fasten your seatbelts. The driver is responsible for the safety of the vehicle and the other passengers. Please follow the rules and drive safe.

"Okay. This voice sounds...familiar" Nandini said in confusion, staring at the screen attached to the dashboard. They were currently heading home after their evening together.

Manik chuckled nervously, covering it up with a cough.

"Does it? It doesn't sound familiar to me." Manik said nervously, trying to get her to believe him.

"It does okay! What are you hiding? Whose voice is...this...?" She slowed down as she started to realized.

Manik sighed, looking at the road and running his fingers through his hair.

"Just the girl I love." He replied, looking into her eyes, their eyes having a conversation of their own before looking back at the road.

"Is that my voice? It is my voice," She said smiling.

"How did that happen?" She asked, grinning in excitement as she turned in her seat facing him.

"I...I am really good at all this stuff." He said shrugging.

"Its kinda creepy, actually." She said after a while.

"But its really cute." She said, looking up at him, smiling.

Manik just smiled hearing her, blushing, looking around avoiding looking at her.

"So." She said, clearing her throat.

Manik looked at her questioningly.

"We hardly know each other so I wa..."

"Nope." He interrupted her.

"Excuse me?" She asked, faking offense.

"Ms. Murthy, I know everything about you that there is to know." He said.

"Wha..How? You know what? Never mind. I'm not even gonna ask. I'm not talking to you." She said, before turning her face to the other side, muttering curses under her breath.

Manik smiled to himself. She looked so cute.

"You should stop looking that cute. You don't want us to get in a car crash, do you?"

"What do you mean?" She sounded annoyed.

He sighed and pulled over before turning to face her. He took her tiny hand in his, entwining their fingers.

Half of her anger had already vanished.

He stared at their hands for a while, playing with her ring, adoring how good it looked on her finger.

"You, Nandini Murthy, are so adorable I can hardly keep my eyes off you." He said looking at her face, into her eyes, his eyes holding nothing but the truth, nothing but honesty.

Nothing but love.

His other hand went up to her face, his thumb caressing her chin, her cheeks.

"You're painfully beautiful, Nandini."

Nandini looked at their entwined hands, not being able to face the amount of love his eyes held for her without blushing.