#6

I have stuffy nose and a scratchy throat.😫

I really really hope you enjoy!

*****

Manik woke up too early the next day, all too ready for the day, bubbling with optimism.

"Mr. Paaaaaaaarkeeeeeeeer!" He called his elderly Butler, singing rather than saying his name.

Mr. Parker cane sprinting to see what was wrong.

Was he high on weed?
But he didn't smoke weed.

"Mr. Parkeeeeeer! Wo aj mere saath hogi! Pura din!" He said in excitement, hugging Mr. Parker.

The poor old man almost got a heart attack seeing this big change in his master's behavior. Not just today, but for the past 1 week, though it was gradual, but he had never ever ever EVER seen Manik this happy before. And he was really happy with this change, and he silently blessed him and hoped God to keep him this happy always.

His grumpy, sad and depressed master had vanished and a new, babyish master had emerged.
And he was very happy about that.

He was an old white guy who had no idea what Manik had just said, but he seemed ecstatic.

"Should I order to make some breakfast for you, son?" He asked in his old gruffy, hopeful voice. Manik never had breakfast.
Yet, everyday Mr. Parker would ask him about it, because who knew maybe one day, due to some miracle, maybe he would say yes to breakfast?

"No Mr. Parker. I'm good. Thank you!" Would be his usual answer. So was it today.

Manik passed Mr. Parker a smile, and Mr. Parker kept his hand on his forehead.
"May Jesus always be with you, son." He said warmly.

Manik passed him a warm smile.
That is who he was. He was ruthless, rude to the people he didn't like.
But if he likes someone, oh boy. What would he not do to keep them happy.

And Manik found a father in Mr. Parker, whenever he looked into his eyes. He was one of the very few people who actually cared about him and not his money.

And he was the person number two who had his cell number.

Manik grabbed his clothes and went to the washroom, whistling away.

He was a whole new Manik.

*****

He was driving to his office. He wanted to reach there as soon as possible, so that he could take a final look at his newly renovated office, hoping she likes it.

He was driving and smiling away at the stupidest of things, when he got a call from the head of the army of bodyguards he had appointed to look after Nandini.

"Hello?" He said.
"G..good mor..morning s..sir." The muscular guy from the other side wished him timidly.
Manik understood something was off.
"What is it? Come straight to the point." He demanded.
Was his Nandini okay?
His grip on the steering wheel tightened.

"S..sir.."

"Stop stammering and come to the God damn point!" He screamed. His heart was in his mouth.

"Sir we lost her." The guy from the other side said.

Manik slammed on his breaks. Thankfully the road was empty, so nobody bumped into him.

"You..you lost her?" He screamed in rage.
"What do you mean you lost her?"
"She's not the train we expected her to be. And there is no way we can locate her in the middle of thousands of sub's and trains running across the city." He elaborated.

Manik gripped his forehead with his hand.

Was she okay? Why was she not on the train? Did something..? No! No! No no no no no! She will be fine. She has to be okay. For him.

He was going crazy. All sorts of ideas started shooting around in his mind.

Had she too abandoned him?
Had she too left?
Wasn't she supposed to be his forever?
Had she ditched him?

All of the sound was gone. He felt alone, he felt pushed into the darkness by just the thought her leaving him. All the blood drained from his face. He started sweating.

He needed her.
He needed his peace.
So he needed to find her.

He was feeling too restless. A tear settled on his cheek. Soon many others followed.
He was crying badly.

"I..I don't care! Use whatever money, whatever name, whatever identity you have to use. Threaten them if you have to but locate my Nandini. I need to know where she is at any bloody cost!" He screamed into the phone and hung up without waiting for a response. He threw his phone and started driving like a maniac.

"No. I can't lose her already. Not now not ever. Maybe she's already reached the office." He consoled himself and sped towards his office.

He reached and looked everywhere for her,madly, but couldn't find her.

He was feeling miserable. This cannot be happening. He cannot lose her.

He was crying badly. Suddenly he realized he hasn't checked the reception area. The entrance, the sit and wait area. He ran towards that area. Suddenly his looked at his phone. He could have just fucking called her.
He took his phone and called her while moving towards the reception area. He had almost reached. It was surprisingly silent in that particular area, and some people were gathered.

She picked it up at the end if the second ring.

"Nandini?" Was all he could say, as his voice boomed around the area. He saw people that were gathered nervously move over after hearing his voice.

As soon as the crowd parted, Manik got his heart beat, his breath, his peace back.

There she was, standing in front if him, safe and sound.

She hasn't abandoned him after all. He sprinted towards her and took her in his arms to feel her. To assure himself that she was right here, and that she hadn't left him.

And that was the moment he knew,
She was going to be his forever.
No matter what.

____

"Um..sorry about whatever happened in the.." He said ruffling his hair.

"It's okay, sir. I understand." She passed him a small smile.

"So that cabin right adjacent to mine, Will be your cabin. You can go and arrange your stuff and then come back so that I can explain stuff to you Okay?"

She nodded and left.

Manik looks at her arranging her stuff and passed a goofy smile to no one in particular.

She is here.

She is finally here.

*****

Another update, coming right at ya!

Please let me know if it wasn't up to your expectations okay?

Yo! I really really really hope that you liked this chapter, if you did, please please please vote and comment as it means a lot to me!

Stay blessed!

#okthanksbye