3

As promised, he'd hauled me off as if it were nothing. Put in the back of his huge hummer, I pressed myself into the corner of the vehicle to try to keep some distance. I narrowed my eyes at him as he sat in the back with me, one arm up over the leather seat, while the two that had accompanied him in the alleyway were in the front of the vehicle; the one with the sexy accent was driving.

"He is Zakiriya, people call him Zak though," the guy next to me pointed to the one that was driving. Zak looked in the rear view mirror and smiled at me. He had short dark hair that was kind of spiky, dark brown eyes, and a nice light brown skin tone. Zak was pretty well built too, taller than me and who looked like he would be one of those muscle guys that hit the gym all the time.

"And this guy here is Jace," he pointed to the one seated in front of him in the passenger seat. Jace glanced over his shoulder and gave a slight wave of his hand nearest to me as his arms were crossed over his chest. Jace was tanned with those gorgeous green eyes and dusty blonde hair that looked like a mess even if he pulled a comb through it.

I nodded at him slightly, still a bit wary about being in their car. I suppose if I thought about it, it wasn't really a kidnapping. After all, I had ditched Alik after his little rampage. So, I figured it was better than being caught by my ex-boyfriend. Yup... ex-boyfriend. I suppose that one had been coming for a while; in fact it probably should have happened sooner rather than later. Whatever, I sighed inwardly and rolled my eyes a bit as I turned to look out the window.

"I'm Tristan," the guy next to me continued.

I glanced over at him. I hadn't been paying attention before when he had pinned me against the wall, demanding that I drop the empty gun I had. I frowned a bit as I watched him. His caramel locks of hair were long, brushing past his ears just a bit and layering across his forehead. It looked really soft, those layered locks. His hazel gaze was watching me carefully. I narrowed my eyes at him. What did he want? A smile, a thanks? Yeah, so not happening, my thoughts were dark as I crossed my arms.

"Why not introduce yourself? I've already done my part, it's rude not to give your name in return."

My teeth ground together. What an ass... has to go pulling the 'rude' card... "Valkyrie."

He pulled his arm up that was resting across the back of the leather seat and leaned his head against his curled fingers as he lifted an eyebrow at me, "Valkyrie? That's kind of cute."

"C-cute?!"

Tristan grinned at me, "You have interesting eyes too. Where are you from?"

I frowned at him. He was referring to the fact that one eye was green and the other was pale blue, "Does it really matter where I'm from?"

"I suppose not," he replied with a shrug, though he continued to grin at me, "Just trying to make conversation, Valkyrie."

A shiver went down my spine. Damn... the way he said my name. I glowered at him though, he was teasing me. The car took a sudden left turn and my body went to the right. The movement pulled at my wounds and I let out a sharp gasp of pain. Tristan moved across the seat quickly. His hands on my shoulders to steady me. He looked up to Zak who winced slightly as he glanced in the rear view mirror.

"Sorry, I will try to be more careful, but we are being followed."

Tristan turned and looked out the back of the dark tinted windows. He gave a sigh of irritation as he narrowed his eyes. I turned to see as well, my heart in my throat yet again, blocking my ability to breathe correctly. Behind us were three black cars, one of them was the shiny Mazda sports car that Alik drove. I went tense in the seat. Tristan must have noticed because he looked over at me sharply.