17

As Tristan suddenly gave a painful shout and fell from his propped up position, I let out another scream. Moving my body was so hard, I tried to get my nerves to respond to me correctly but everything was hollering at me to stop moving because it burned too much. Still, Tristan's screaming voice was driving me insane. I couldn't handle it, the way he sounded like he was dying. I cried hard as I rolled over onto my side, my mouth opened in a soundless scream as I couldn't get my hoarse voice to make any more sound.

I sobbed hard as I watched him writhe on the concrete floor much like I had been a moment ago. Taking in a gasping breath, I coughed hard; hacking on the dryness in my mouth that felt like it was nothing but cotton and dust. It took a while, but I finally managed to get my voice. I let out another scream, shouting at Alik to stop, that I was going to kill him if he didn't. Alik didn't listen to me. Turning, I looked up at him through my tears. His grinning face... that wicked smile, the look in his eyes as if he were immensely enjoying the way Tristan was screaming... I think it set me off.

Rolling to my other side, I threw myself up, ignoring the pain that wracked my body. With a growl of utter fury, I threw myself at Alik. We both tumbled to the floor as my body weight took him off guard. As I landed on top of him, my tied hands reached out for his throat. We grappled for a while, my hands searching for his neck so that I could snap it in my blood raged intent, and his hands slapping mine away and slamming into my sides and stomach. Behind me, Tristan's screams had finally stopped, only gasping moans remained and those drove me to continue my fight against Alik.

My attack must have shocked Alik, the look on his face was different for a moment before he turned angry. He shouted, yelling a couple of names that I didn't pay any attention to. My fingers curled around his throat and I felt his beating pulse beneath my hands. I tightened my hold, crushing his esophagus with as much power as I could muster in my arms. The veins around his neck started to bulge, his eyes closing tightly as a bit of saliva started to trickle from his mouth. His gasping sounds only made me tighten down further.

As his face had started to turn red, and before I could feel the life fade from him, two pairs of hands latched onto my shoulders and dragged me off of him. I cursed, shouting and screaming, my limbs flailing as I struggled hard to get back on top of Alik so that I could end his fucking life. A strong punch to my gut doubled me over, another kick to my stomach and I dropped onto my knees, gasping for air. Panting heavily, I slowly pulled my head up to see the damage that I had inflicted on Alik.

He rolled onto his side, coughing hard and wheezing. Oddly enough, I felt my lips pull up into a grin. Fucker... I hope it burns like a bitch, and next time I get the chance, I'm going to snap your God damned neck! Alik slowly pulled himself up onto his hands and knees and finally up to his feet where he stumbled a bit. Turning, he faced me as I was held tightly between the two men that he had shouted for. Rubbing his neck, he glowered at me for a moment before his usual grin spread across his lips.

"Well, babe. Didn't think you had it in you to do something like that. How'd that feel? Did you enjoy it?"

"Fuck you," I spat, "I'm not like you, you sick bastard!"

He arched an eyebrow at me and gave a slow nod, "Sure, sure. I suppose we'll just have to see."

I pulled at the arms that held me. From somewhere behind me, Tristan moaned my name and I gave a slight gasp. Pulling harder against the two men that held me, I turned and struggled to see where he was. Lying on the ground, partially on his side, Tristan looked half delirious. I felt fresh tears beginning to stream down my face. A coughing sob filled my chest as I watched him.

"Tristan..." I called out to him and he shifted a bit, his gaze unfocused as his head lulled slightly and his beautiful hazel eyes seemed to roam all over the room.